Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Stenzel
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read in a review that close assault is done in part by rolling one die: "Close assault is odds based, with particular odds giving a kill number, which is resulved with the roll of a single die." The rules in 15.7 says dice roll and the example says roll 2 dice. I am confused if the review is talking about the same thing. The way that I understood the rules is that 2 dice are used.

Also, can 2 units attack the same hex and all the units in it if the attacking hexes are not adjacent to each other? See scenario Messenger Ambush as an example. Can the 2 hexes containing the US units fire at the German squad in I4 if that unit moves to H4 during the opportunity fire?

One last question: is defensive fire the same as opportunity fire? 5.33 and 5.34 and 13.8 make this a little confusing. 13.8 says that opportunity fire is a form of defensive fire. Is defensive fire done if shot at by the opposing player not necessarily just during the opposing players movement phase?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rasa12 wrote:
I read in a review that close assault is done in part by rolling one die: "Close assault is odds based, with particular odds giving a kill number, which is resulved with the roll of a single die." The rules in 15.7 says dice roll and the example says roll 2 dice. I am confused if the review is talking about the same thing. The way that I understood the rules is that 2 dice are used.

Also, can 2 units attack the same hex and all the units in it if the attacking hexes are not adjacent to each other? See scenario Messenger Ambush as an example. Can the 2 hexes containing the US units fire at the German squad in I4 if that unit moves to H4 during the opportunity fire?

One last question: is defensive fire the same as opportunity fire? 5.33 and 5.34 and 13.8 make this a little confusing. 13.8 says that opportunity fire is a form of defensive fire. Is defensive fire done if shot at by the opposing player not necessarily just during the opposing players movement phase?

Thanks.

The close assault rool, is a single roll of a pair of dice.

"Only infantry units from the same hex may conduct a close assault together; they may not combine with infantry units from separate hexes"

... and...

"Any number of close assaults may be conducted against the same hex during the same turn, but each close assault must be resolved separately"

... so two hexs make may two seperate attacks against the same target hex.

Opportunity and defensive fire are seperate. With opportunity fire you shoot during your opponents move phase. Defensive fire is seperate phase where you have the chance to shoot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stenzel
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Opportunity and defensive fire are seperate. With opportunity fire you shoot during your opponents move phase. Defensive fire is seperate phase where you have the chance to shoot."

So defensive fire can be against units that moved or not, after the opponents movement phase? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Skupin
Germany
Hamm
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rasa12 wrote:

So defensive fire can be against units that moved or not, after the opponents movement phase? Thanks.

There are no target restrictions for defensive fire. It's a regular fire phase for this turn's defending player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stenzel
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the help in explaining the rules. I really appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.