Jenks
Germany
Eckernfoerde
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
badge
Lest we Forget
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking for Ticket to Ride: Switzerland and Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries

Both games are out of print, and less common than rocking-horse poo / Hen's teeth. Imagine my excitement then when I see an advert for Gateplay Games, clearly showing the picture of Nordic Countries. I clicked on their link, but did they have it in stock? Did they buggery. It's out of stock, as it has been every other time I have looked there over the last few months.

Days of Wonder themselves are guilty of this as well. Their advert clearly shows TTR Switzerland, but again once you click through to their website it is out of stock.

I realise this is hardly the end of the world, but it is beginning to get on my nerves a bit - I've been fortunate to play both versions and would love to add them to my collection one day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Starlit Citadel has Ticket to Ride: Switzerland in stock and on sale for $23.16 USD

http://www.starlitcitadel.com/games/catalog/product/view/id/...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They also have TTR: Marklin for $47.95 CAD, which would be slightly less than that in USD.

http://www.starlitcitadel.com/games/ticket-to-ride-marklin.h...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sinden
United Kingdom
Chertsey,
Surrey.UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RE TTR Nordic.

Ok, I'm based in the Uk so might not be relevant but I managed to find an online retailer who still had a copy of this in stock for 33 pounds about 3 weeks ago... they said this was their last so no point me passing on their details but to find this I droped an email about 2 dozen online games sellers to see if anyone had it. I would suggest you try the same thing as you never know !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Play the Game, Read the Story in Syracuse, NY (one of our FLGS-es) has both available:

http://www.playthegamereadthestory.com/store/index.php?main_...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenks
Germany
Eckernfoerde
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
badge
Lest we Forget
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
Play the Game, Read the Story in Syracuse, NY (one of our FLGS-es) has both available:

I followed the link, and had a bit of a search round, but only found Switzerland (also found at Starlit Citadel)

Quote:
RE TTR Nordic.

Ok, I'm based in the Uk so might not be relevant but I managed to find an online retailer who still had a copy of this in stock for 33 pounds about 3 weeks ago... they said this was their last so no point me passing on their details but to find this I droped an email about 2 dozen online games sellers to see if anyone had it. I would suggest you try the same thing as you never know !

I'm a Brit with a BFPO address so anything from a UK store would work well for me - I'll see if I can find that 2nd copy...

Quote:
I'll give you a copy of Nordic for $100, shipping included. No false advertising here. Just PM me.

You are a bad man. Must. Resist. Temptation. robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kollross
Canada
Carvel
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
Pew pew pew!!!
badge
I'm a member of the Game Artisans of Canada
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both that I would be willing to sell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenks
Germany
Eckernfoerde
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
badge
Lest we Forget
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the offers to sell to me. I am not desperate to buy the games just yet, especially not at prices over MSRP; the thread was more posted in annoyance at the companies implying they had the games for sale.

That said, if anyone were to GM me a price, I'd certainly consider it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:

I don't see Nordic Countries there. This advertisement is deceptive. I realize this is hardly the end of the world, but it gets on my nerves a bit.

Edit: Forgot the smiley.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Nuts wrote:
indigopotter wrote:

I don't see Nordic Countries there. This advertisement is deceptive. I realize this is hardly the end of the world, but it gets on my nerves a bit.

That's because it was my fault and I translated it in my head to Marklin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tao Wong
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
Starlit Citadel has Ticket to Ride: Switzerland in stock and on sale for $23.16 USD

http://www.starlitcitadel.com/games/catalog/product/view/id/...

Actually, it's not in-stock at the moment 'cause we don't have copies of it. However, we do have a copy of Marklin Edition left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jenkachu wrote:
I am looking for Ticket to Ride: Switzerland and Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries

Both games are out of print, and less common than rocking-horse poo / Hen's teeth. Imagine my excitement then when I see an advert for Gateplay Games, clearly showing the picture of Nordic Countries. I clicked on their link, but did they have it in stock? Did they buggery. It's out of stock, as it has been every other time I have looked there over the last few months.

Days of Wonder themselves are guilty of this as well. Their advert clearly shows TTR Switzerland, but again once you click through to their website it is out of stock.

I realise this is hardly the end of the world, but it is beginning to get on my nerves a bit - I've been fortunate to play both versions and would love to add them to my collection one day.

I can see how that might be frustrating but it hardly seems like false advertising. Board games go out of print from time to time, and some shops have a hard time keeping even in print games on the shelves. In the case of shops, who generally have little or no advertising budget, you can hardly expect them to remake their banner ads every time something goes out of stock or out of print. Days of Wonder probably has a little less excuse for this, but it still isn't suprising.

This is what it reminds me of: One of the local game/comic stores here had a bug mural painted with fantasy artwork and characters, advertising that people play Magic, Mage Knight, and Pokemon there. Of course, of those three games, people only play Magic there now. However, I'm not going to fault them for no remaking their ad to remove Mage Knight and Pokemon. (Of course, they ended up moving to a different building a month or two ago, so the mural is totally gone now, but that's neither here nor there.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.