Garth Boucher
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm disappointed I can't make the convention in Niagra
Falls this weekend as planned, and I've just moved here from Calgary, so I'm throwing out a line to gauge interest in hosting a small game gathering at my place near the DVP and York Mills on an upcoming Friday in the next month or so. It'd be from about 6 to 11 PM'ish. I have room for two tables. If it goes well it might be something that could become semi-regular. I have MANY games on hand including:
-Agricola and Farmers of the Moor
-Le Havre
-Dominion and all expansions
-Thunderstone
-Carson City
-Caylus and Caylus Magna Carta
-Endeavor
-Galaxy Trucker
-Ra
-Race for the Galaxy and all expansions
-Reef Encounter
-Container
-Through the Ages
-Die Macher
-Ghost Stories and White Moon
-Arkham Horror
-Neuroshima Hex
-Drakon
-Mr Jack
-Tigris and Euphrates
-Carcassone an some expansions
-Chizo Rising
-Space Junkyard
-Puerto Rico and San Juan
-Stone Age
-Havana
-Khronos
-Railroad Tycoon
-Dungeon Twister
-Battlelore
+ many more (including a pretty comprehensive
collection of wargames).

Let me know if you're interested.

Garth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I strongly suggest that you sign up for, and browse the forums at http://www.tabsonline.net, as any public gatherings are posted there.

As for private gatherings: Every saturday, I round up 4-5 people for all day gaming. You are welcome to join us. I host in Newmarket if needed, driving people to and from Toronto (meeting at Don Mills subway station). If you are able to host, that would be convenient.

Another friend from Toronto hosts private gaming often, and sometimes offers an open invitation. Just yesterday he had open doors and somewhere around 16-20 people showed up over the course of the day.

Many of the games you list hit the table with good frequency around here.

I won't be having my usual saturday for the next two weeks, due to Niagara and such. It's a shame you can't make it. If you are interested in joining me and the usuals on a saturday sometime soon, send me your email address and I will keep in touch.

I personally would not be attending anything on a friday evening, since it would be a lot of trouble to get there on friday during rush hour. If you are able to host on a saturday or sunday, I would gladly attend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When is the Niagara convention? Any links for it, either a bgg thread or it's own site?

Gerry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.l2designgroup.com/NBW/NiagaraBoardgamingWeekend.h...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks ! Ooo next weekend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg von Lemberg
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I definately would be interested, it's on my way home from work. Please post more details when available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garth Boucher
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, TABS is a great resource. I spend a lot of time here, so I thought I'd try posting.

Unfortunately, Saturdays are kind of shot for me as I just bought a running store in Ajax (Daniel, have you ever seen the Running Free store in Newmarket? We're opening one in Ajax.) I also do my long runs on saturday. That leaves me with Friday night, so Georg and Mark, if you guys are interested, lets set something up. Maybe we can get a few others responding here as well.

Daniel I'd love to take a saturday off one of these days and hook up with you and your group, so I'd like to keep in touch.

Garth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garth Boucher
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark ma wrote:
Which wargames do you play (besides ASL)?

Aside from ASL and ATS, I own, have read the rules for, and have limited play of:
-Combat Commander (all)
-Conflict of heros (all)
-Tide of Iron (base game only)
-EuroFront II
-Birds of Prey, Attack Vector Tactical, Saganami Island Tac Sim
-Whistling Death
-Federation Commander (just about everything) and SFB
-Close Action
-Battlelore
-C&C Ancients (base game only)
-Memoir 44 (base, East and pacific)
-Almost all the GBoH titles
-All of the Great Campaigns of the ACW (GCACW)
-L2: Streets of Stalingrad, Russia Besieged and Russian Campaign
-Napoleons Triumph
-Manouever
-World in Flames (waiting for wifwendel to show me how to play)
-Oldies - Up Front, Panzer Blitz/leader, Blitzkreig, Alesia,
Flattop, Pacific War

And many more.

Garth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg von Lemberg
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark ma wrote:
Garth, you seem to have a pretty extensive wargame (and eurogame) collection.

I play ATS (still not yet really comfortable with the rules) and own about 5 games in the system. Used to play SFB a lot back when I was in school... might still have a copy of the rules around here, but I prefer Federation Commander because of the (relative) speed of play. Still have some of the AH classics like The Russian Campaign and Battle of the Bulge'81. You can checkout my BGG game collection which is fairly current.

I'm good for either a eurogame or wargame gaming session. As you might expect, there is a much smaller group of wargamers (many are active or at least members of TABS) in Toronto so I'd prefer to play wargames whenever possible. Can play most Fridays.

Congratulations on opening your own running store... I'm a customer at the Markham Running Free... probably one of the best running stores in the near GTA.

I tend more towards the euro or the more ameritrashy A&A type games, but would be willing to try a war game as long as it was not too long (could be finished in one evening) and not too complicated rules-wise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg von Lemberg
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never played Fortress or Shogun, but I'd definitely be up for trying either of those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garth Boucher
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark ma wrote:
If we can get 4 players, what about Fortress America or Shogun/Samurai Swords (I own both)? I'm open to playing most euros as well.

At the risk of spoil-sporting, those two look awfully "risk-like" to me. I own A&A but have never been a big fan.

Fed Commander would work well with 3 I'm sure.

I play euros mostly solo with an occasional 2 player game with my wife. But with the potential for 3 or 4 players, the games I own and would love to try for the first time are
-Endeavor
-Galaxy Trucker
-Carson City
-Container
-Die Macher

Hell, I wouldn't mind breaking out the Arkham horror or Ghost Stories either! (Georg, you did say you like the ameritrash).

Anyway, let me know if any of these appeal, and sorry to rain on the FA, Shogun parade.

Garth

Edited twice for atrocious grammer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg von Lemberg
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would be quite willing to play a game of Endeavor (have played it a couple of times incorrectly, but I am now sure I know all the rules!) Carson City and Container sound good too, though I have never played them. Interested in Die Macher, but does it take long? Would love to give Arkham a try, have never played it yet though. Don't know anything about Ghost Stories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandr Sirotkin
Canada
flag msg tools
Also, if you are looking to people to game with, the meeplemart in Tornto (http://www.meeplemart.com/) has gatherings every thursday from 5 to 10pm. I have been there only once so far, but I had fun and now intend to start going there more regularly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garth Boucher
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, Mark and Georg, looks like we're down to Carson City or Endeavor at my place one of these coming fridays. We can take this private, I just thought I'd do one more post on this thread to see if we can generate any more interest.

Meeplemart looks good bet too - will definately try for a tuesday or thursday down there.

Garth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg von Lemberg
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good to me. I'm actually good this friday if it works for you. You can gm me with any details. Just let me know a day in advance so I don't make other plans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.