David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting tired of the quitters.

I've heard that when one reaches a certain level, banning becomes available, but I dunno the level (I'm like level 8 or something someone on there told me), but I dunno how to ban.

Help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's easy is to add them to your "bad" list.

/add bad username

Then their username shows up in red so you can remember you don't want to have anything to do with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a problem here-what about unregistered players (now, I know many are decent people) but they are more likely to quit, though there are some dodgy types out there who are registered. I'm sorry to say that there's nothing you can do about them as they can change their identity freely.

However, if someone registerd does something there are channels to which you can report them. I'm told that chat logs and the like are helpful here. Also if you are a member of a city, your city reeve might be useful to talk to-they have the power to blacklist players citywide.

Hope (at least some of) that helps

EDIT: http://www.brettspielwelt.de/Hilfe/Kommandos/Rangabhaengig/
this is the BSW rank dependent commands page-looks like there's nothing immediatly useful if you are only at 8-some of the most useful commands for your problem appear to be at 13(/kick) and 15(/alive).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Armstrong
United States
Bedford
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My problem is I can't seem to register. It says registration successful, but every time i log in, it will not keep track of any of my stats or stuff, and treats me as unregistered. If someone could tell me what I am doing wrong, i would love to know.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Wagner
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kenarm wrote:
My problem is I can't seem to register. It says registration successful, but every time i log in, it will not keep track of any of my stats or stuff, and treats me as unregistered. If someone could tell me what I am doing wrong, i would love to know.

My understanding is that BSW will log you in unregistered if you give the wrong password, and passwords are case sensitive. So, if you have a wrong password in your setup file, or registered with a password that isn't quite what you think it is, you'll see this behavior.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Morton
Sweden
Vällingby
Stockholm
flag msg tools
davidme wrote:
Getting tired of the quitters.

I've heard that when one reaches a certain level, banning becomes available, but I dunno the level (I'm like level 8 or something someone on there told me), but I dunno how to ban.

Help?

In my experience, at least 95% of quitters are unregistered players. So I don't play with unregistered players except in the really short games.

Simple!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah Snow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lewis wrote:
kenarm wrote:

My understanding is that BSW will log you in unregistered if you give the wrong password, and passwords are case sensitive. So, if you have a wrong password in your setup file, or registered with a password that isn't quite what you think it is, you'll see this behavior.

Usernames are case sensitive too, so check for mistakes there too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim W
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Planetary wrote:
lewis wrote:
kenarm wrote:

Usernames are case sensitive too, so check for mistakes there too.

Case is almost always the issue when this arises.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daley
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest you do what I do : Every single time a thread comes up on Boardgamegeek about online Dominion, make it very clear that you want the developers of Dominion to work on a real online version, and that you would be willing to pay a one-time, or small monthly fee to play.

I know what you are thinking : Hey! You didn't address my BSW issue.

... EXACTLY ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd totally quit BSW and pay just to have all the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.