Subject: Airplane expansion questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
L Long
United States
Graford
Texas
flag msg tools
We just started using the Air Pack and I have a few questions.

1. When you play an air sortie card or equivalent and discard it do you immediately reshuffle the discards and draw deck or do you wait until Your Finest Hour is played?

2. If you do an air check roll and you get a grenade and their is an enemy unit adjacent to your airplane I understand that the enemy gets a medal and your airplane is removed from the board. Do they actually use that airplane as the medal and it is no longer available to be played with another Air Sortie card (or equivanlent) or do you just mark the medal as won and have the airplane in reserve to use again later?

3. Is the air check hex value for plain hexes (i.e. grass or snow) just 0? I only found hex values for special terrain types.

Thanks,

Linda

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shore_pk wrote:
We just started using the Air Pack and I have a few questions.

1. When you play an air sortie card or equivalent and discard it do you immediately reshuffle the discards and draw deck or do you wait until Your Finest Hour is played?

2. If you do an air check roll and you get a grenade and their is an enemy unit adjacent to your airplane I understand that the enemy gets a medal and your airplane is removed from the board. Do they actually use that airplane as the medal and it is no longer available to be played with another Air Sortie card (or equivanlent) or do you just mark the medal as won and have the airplane in reserve to use again later?

3. Is the air check hex value for plain hexes (i.e. grass or snow) just 0? I only found hex values for special terrain types.

Thanks,

Linda

1. No shuffling required, only on Their Finest Hour and when at the end/bottom of the deck.

2. The plane medal can be substituted for another piece. You can bring in another plane with the proper card or if you have access to reserve planes.

3. If I remember correctly a plain hex is a value of 0 and then any additional factors for terrain and enemy units are cummulative... Been a while since I've played air rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Long
United States
Graford
Texas
flag msg tools
Thanks for the response.

I'm still unclear about #2. Sorry if I'm dense. I don't know if my airplane is captured if I can use that exact (type) airplane again later in the game (with another air sortie or equivalent) with it's special actions or if that type of airplane is no longer a choice for the rest of that game.

:(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
shore_pk wrote:
Thanks for the response.

I'm still unclear about #2. Sorry if I'm dense. I don't know if my airplane is captured if I can use that exact (type) airplane again later in the game (with another air sortie or equivalent) with it's special actions or if that type of airplane is no longer a choice for the rest of that game.

The plane model is "unlimited" so if it gets destroyed, you opponent marks they earned that victory point by using one of the gernic nation markers (liket he medal of honor if you shoot down a US plane).

That specific plane is given back tot he owner you can then try to get it on the board again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Long
United States
Graford
Texas
flag msg tools
I get it now. TY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.