Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R S
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the Xbox version of BB has me interested in playing the tabletop game again.

I have lots of 2nd edition metal figs and the Dungeonbowl game.

Are the bigger square-base figs compatible with LRB?

Is the field usable? I heard 3rd edition squares are bigger. If so, how big are the squares?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
They're totally compatible, with minor adjustments.

A. There are four squares wide "wide zones" on each side of the new board. No more than two figures can start a drive within these zones. If you've played the Xbox game, I'm sure you knew this already.

C. If I'm not mistaken, nothing in the new game takes up more than one square. This doesn't mean you can't still use the old models, just pull 'em off the old base and try to squeeze them onto a standard one.

B. The new editions have specialty dice. I can't quite remember how we used to work this, but I'm pretty sure that if you use standard six siders, this works out the same way:

1=Attacker down
2=Both Down
3-4=Push Back
5=Defender Down
6=Defender Down unless they have Dodge skil, in which case they're pushed back

Other than that, I'm pretty sure you can use mix old components and new rules with abandon, but it's been a while since I played. The board is definitely compatible, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Smith
England
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's typical to use 5 for Dodge-pow and 6 for Pow, not the other way around, but same difference. Six sided dice are six sided

If the 2nd ed board is the styrofoam one, be aware that the squares aren't square and are a slightly different size to the 'modern' ones. You can either play with the range ruler or use the chart of distances vs. throwing ranges, but don't mix and match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
There's not enough difference in the sizes of the squares to matter. Both editions have the same range ruler anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.