Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes the best gifts cost no money. Today, my wife told my son and me that we could teach her Glory to Rome as a Valentine's Day gift. Meant a ton to us. He and I have been playing a bunch lately, but we didn't think she would reach out of her comfort zone (Stone Age, Ra, San Juan) to learn our new favorite.

Session went well. We were smart enough to throw her an early craftsman client and help her choose some good early builds. Not sure if she'll want to play much in the future, but it was mighty cool of her to sit down for a play.

As my Xbox Live motto states, I love my wife and I love my life.

Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If only...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Fred
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Fez.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremiah_Lee wrote:
If only...

Ditto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremiah_Lee wrote:
If only...

If only I owned Glory to Rome... I'm sure my wife would play it with me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife would love to HAVE a copy of this for Valentine's Day.

I would LOVE to oblige her.

Sigh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
squash wrote:
Jeremiah_Lee wrote:
If only...

If only I owned Glory to Rome... I'm sure my wife would play it with me!

This is on LD's wishlist as well. Although I'd be willing to try this, I'm not sure I'd like it, so we haven't forked over the cash required to get a copy. I have tried a few lotteries and contests, though, and crossed my fingers. If we won a copy sometime (or it was reprinted for a reasonable amount), it would be interesting to see what all the fuss is about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob in Richmond wrote:
Sometimes the best gifts cost no money. Today, my wife told my son and me that we could teach her Glory to Rome as a Valentine's Day gift. Meant a ton to us. He and I have been playing a bunch lately, but we didn't think she would reach out of her comfort zone (Stone Age, Ra, San Juan) to learn our new favorite.

Rob's a lucky guy. His wife is a sweetheart. (So is he, actually!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim
United States
hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's one of my wife and I's favorite games. Only recently surpassed by Jambo. I'm sure will be back for more GTR goodness though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To those of you who are looking to pick up a copy of Glory to Rome, I'd suggest keeping a constant eye on trades and ebay. I was able to find a fellow BGGer who wanted my Formula De for his Glory to Rome. I've spoken to him since and we're both very happy with the trade. Never hurts to ask someone who has a copy up for trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
out4blood wrote:
Rob in Richmond wrote:

Rob's a lucky guy. His wife is a sweetheart. (So is he, actually!)

Thanks Tim. We both married up, for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe E.
United States
Stone Mountain
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to you, Rob.

Perhaps I'm lucky; when my girlfriend and I got together she was already fully into the game. It's actually one of the games that first pulled her into the gaming group through which I got to know her. I think she puts up with me in part because I play GtR with her...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.