Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
It's a pad of sticky notes!
mbmbmbmbmb
Or "I don't know much about art, but I know what I like"

I finally got around to moving my furniture (which isn't that big of a deal since I'm living in a small house with a roommate, so my personal "box" ain't that big, but anyhoo..), and inspired by threads and images about framing your game boards, I decided to frame some box inserts I had laying around. They are not in their respective game boxes because of card sleevage, and I haven't had the heart to toss 'em out. Now they finally serve a purpose. Let me share my joy with you through the visual media:

First of all, this is the view that opens to the viewer when they enter my room. (Technically, first they'll see my computer set up, but once they're no longer amazed by my dual screen setup, this is what they'll see ) I have tried to spread the frames nicely out around my existing deco (ie. guitar) and space limitations (that CD-tower can't be moved an inch without breaking the flow of the furniture zen!)

This is nice. There's the Arkham Horror cards that got replaced by corrected versions in Dunwich Horror. Also featured a Joker card from a Lego playing cards deck, that my sister brought me from Lego Land many years ago.
It's kinda fun how the front Flesh Ward pops out of the "mid-frame". This was a total accident, but as I was starting to open the frame to correct this mistake, I looked at it again, and had to admit, that I liked it.

This image is.. It's real classy, that's what it is. And I really love having it on my wall!
I sleeved my TS cards and put the chits in a plastic container, so there is absolutely no way to store all of that in the original box with the insert. A real eye candy this turned out to be, I'll say

Now this is a collase one, and I'll go through it quickly:
2009 was a rough year, and it was a wonderful year. Most importantly, it was the year when I started to GM a RPG again and started to truly take board gaming as a hobby, and not just an interest. And I've loved it so far!
But most importantly, board gaming has brought me closer to some people I really care about, and even introduced me to couple new people. And one night this January, I had a "creative moment" ( ) and whipped this up in Gimp in about two hours. It features the games I played most during 2009.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Hey, tell you what: 0.50 to first one who recognizes every game depicted here. Just for laughs.

Okay, anyone who's seen my video in this thread knew this was coming. All Arkham Horror's small expansions' inserts arranged around my guitar makes for quite a nice display.

Iä, iä, Shub Niggurath, fhtaghn! Out of the woods the Dark Young come! shake I really like that picture.

I hope you've enjoyed my little gallery (which is unfortunately pretty AH biased at the moment, but read on ). All feedback is welcome

And also, I'd like to know, if you know of any games that have nice looking inserts or other extraneous thingies that I could use as decorations in my otherwise boring room. It'd also be nice if the game was any good
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.