Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harold Coleman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first 4-player game today. Though it took a LONG time (4+ hours), it was understandable because none of the other three had played the game. The top three finished 18.15, 18.8 and 18.5, so it was a pretty close and well-played game, though with the easy-start regular customers. One question came up concerning the use of the Con Man. Am I interpreting the rules correctly that it can NOT be used by the "Starting Player" of EITHER PAIR and that it can only be used on the card holder's partner? If so, it seems to have somewhat limited use; i.e. ONLY by the player going second in a pair and ONLY on his partner. Because we could not find it quickly enough in the rules, we played that the starting player could use it on his partner after the latter had finished his action phase and had a helper left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
hgcoleman wrote:
One question came up concerning the use of the Con Man. Am I interpreting the rules correctly that it can NOT be used by the "Starting Player" of EITHER PAIR and that it can only be used on the card holder's partner? If so, it seems to have somewhat limited use; i.e. ONLY by the player going second in a pair and ONLY on his partner. Because we could not find it quickly enough in the rules, we played that the starting player could use it on his partner after the latter had finished his action phase and had a helper left.

You are correct.
Start player cannot use it.
In a 4-player, you can only interact with your partner.
Con-man can be a deuce to take advantage of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Con Man is only useful if you go after your partner, and your partner has unused Helper cards still in front of him/her on your turn. It's probably best used to take cards which cannot be used during the Action Phase (Harvest Helper, Squire, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Coleman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faranim wrote:
It's probably best used to take cards which cannot be used during the Action Phase (Harvest Helper, Squire, etc).

Very good point! Thanks for the replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.