United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
When grouping units in the assault hexes are you allowed to group units from any/all the rows together to form complete battalions or can you only group units which were assigned to the same assault rows? The rules don't seem to specifically forbid the former, so that's how we interpreted it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vincent
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To expand on this, here's a picture of Omaha Beach as I prepare for the June 6 PM turn.

The first 8 chits in the reinforcement queue are units that were still in the assault hexes at the end of the invasion turn. 6 infantry battalions, a reduced armor battalion, and an infantry company. These were assembled by combining all the companies into the fewest units possible. If instead only units in the same assault hex could combine, 4 of those infantry battaltions would be at reduced strength, with 4 more infantry companies hanging around. Since stacking in the reinforcement queue is 4 units of any size, and units that were in the assault queue in the AM turn must land first, all those separate companies would further clog up the reinforcement queue. (Note the stacks of reinforcements above the holding boxes that don't even fit in the queue yet).

This picture also highlights another issue: if I understand correctly, beginning with the June 6 PM turn I must start tracing supply normally, and units that don't trace supply through a HQ are not in combat supply. I didn't land any HQ in the morning, nor were there any in the queue, so the earliest I can place them in the reinforcement queue is the 3rd stack, given I had so many units still waiting to land. So it'll be a few turns before the HQs make it ashore (if I'm lucky). Which means I can't use naval gunfire or ground support in the afternoon. That's going to make it tough to get off the beach. I guess in the future I'd make sure to stick Division HQs in the assault queue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

During the invasion sequence, you need to stick to building units in the correct row.

Yes - you need to get those HQs onshore asap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.