9 Posts

Monopoly City» Forums » Rules

Subject: monopoly city rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bill bo
Canada
flag msg tools
Can you use the taxi chance card after following the "go to diamond hills" chance card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Monopoly City >> Rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
cabledude wrote:
Can you use the taxi chance card after following the "go to diamond hills" chance card?

I'm inclined to say "no". I can't remember exactly how the Taxi card is worded, but I believe it says either +/- 2 to your roll, or move +/- 2 spaces. However, since you aren't counting spaces when using the Go to Diamond Hills card, I don't know how either one would really help.

I'll look at the card tonight and see if that changes my opinion though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
injavid Help
msg tools
what did you decide? I believe it says move, and my question is similar. If i jump from one railroad to another, is that considered part of my "move" and if so can I use my taxi card after the jump?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
injavid wrote:
what did you decide? I believe it says move, and my question is similar. If i jump from one railroad to another, is that considered part of my "move" and if so can I use my taxi card after the jump?

I don't think a railroad would be part of the regular "move", because before you use the railroad you have to resolve the space you landed on first. IE, if you land on an opponents property with a Railroad, you have to pay them rent before using the railroad, and then even after using the railroad you have to resolve the new space.

But since with a railroad you aren't counting spaces, they should be treated the same as the "go to diamond hills".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Los 28
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like both "bill bo" and "injavid Help" bring up a very good and valid question ! Well, lets first look at the Chance TAXI card. It reads exactly like this : "Keep this card. Add/subtract up to 2 spaces to/from your move. Discard after use." Well from reading this, it would seem that ANY "move" could be altered by "up to 2 spaces."

BUT, I highly recommend against this, as I can see much debate and argument arising during game play. What I am doing (and recommend to others) is writing-in an additional house rule to clear this vague area. The rule should be written down and explained to all players before the start of each game. My house rule will read as follows:

TAXI! "Keep this card. Add/subtract up to 2 spaces to/from your move. Discard after use." This card may ONLY be used to alter your move from a direct dice roll. So, it cannot be used to "move" after being directed to advance to another location by the draw of a Chance card. It also cannot be used to "move" after use of a railroad. Etc, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Zavoli
Italy
Rimini
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
hello,
I have a question about private deals:
can I trade one card (e.g. the taxi card or the free parcking) for money or something else during my turn?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Los 28
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brankaleon wrote:
hello,
I have a question about private deals:
can I trade one card (e.g. the taxi card or the free parcking) for money or something else during my turn?

thanks!

Ale (brankaleon),
Usually a "private deal" involves anything (of course I mean any assets within the game only) that two people wish to trade or sell. So, it would seem your example of a deal would be acceptable and within the rules.
whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Matt
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is another possibility:

"TAXI! Keep this card. Add/subtract up to 2 spaces BEFORE you roll dice. No action occurs on the space you have just moved to except the benefit of stopping or passing forward the GO space. Roll dice and procede as normal. Discard after use."

Since the decision of moving extra spaces is previous to the dice roll, the chances of avoiding to pay a high rent and eventually benefiting another player are strongly reduced. However, it allows to modify the chances of landing on an undesirable district.

Furthermore, the doubt about being possible or not to use this card after a railroad travel or after the "go to diamond hills" card are clearly put out of question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.