Hide
1 Posts

Unspeakable Words» Forums » Variants

Subject: Maddening and safe words variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Washington
msg tools
I've got a variant I've been thinking of trying out. It adds bonus words, kind of like the special tiles on a scrabble board, but with a theme that I feel fits.

If you manage to spell the name of the monster on one of the cards, that word is worth double points. Of course, these points also increase the value of the sanity check, making these words kind of dangerous.

You may have noticed that there's always a mundane item on the card along with the monster, although it's not named (A is for "Azathoth", but also "Apple"). In this variant, this is a "safe" word. If you manage to spell the mundane item on one of your cards, you don't have to make a sanity check.

Any thoughts? I feel like it's not very likely to be able to pull this off during a game. Any way of improving the odds of that? Or is it fine as is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.