Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » QLD (Brisbane)

Subject: LXG Legends of Summer 2010 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
keith done
Australia
brisbane
queensland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
LXG extends an invitation to all gamers to join in the free Legends of Summer Board Game weekend to compete for trophies in various games. Entry into all board game events is free! No need to register. All events are friendly laid-back games - ideal tournaments to play in before moving on to more serious events!

WHERE: Cavendish Road State High Scool Assembly Hall, cnr Holland and Cavendish Roads, Holland Park Brisbane.

WHEN: 20th and the 21st February 2010, 9am to 5pm

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

SATURDAY (Co-Op Game Challenge)

Form a team and play any or all of the following co-operative games as many times as you can during the day. Highest scoring team in each game wins.

Pandemic
Lord of the Rings
Shadows over Camelot

3.00pm - 5.00pm
Special New Game Tournament
Viewpoint

SUNDAY

10.00am - 1.00pm
Classic Game Challenge
Scrabble
Uno

Egyptian Challenge
Ra
Cleopatra and the Society of the Architects

DnD Miniatures

2.00pm - 5pm
Memoir 44 Challenge
Western Front
Eastern Front
Pacific

The Ticket to Ride Challenge
Ticket to Ride
Ticket to Ride Europe

Magic: the Gathering Grand Melee

JUNIOR TRIATHLON (open only to children 10 years and younger)

Sunday 10.00am - 3.00pm
Blokus
Zooloretto
That’s Life

Regards,

Keith

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Vince
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds Interesting. Ive been meaning to come along to a meet up for a while but everytime i rememember the third weekend of month has just passed.

Dont think I got much on this weekend Ill def drop in would be good to meet some people and play some games
I just brought Lord of the rings last week and havent played it yet.
Im sure id end up being a pro by end of Sautrday

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keith done
Australia
brisbane
queensland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Brendon,

You would be most welcome - and its all free so as to give people experiemce at playing in tournaments but without the 'tension'.

Regards,

keith

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keith done
Australia
brisbane
queensland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
LOS 2010 REPORT

Legends of Summer saw a full house on both Saturday and Sunday. Usually the Warhammer event runs both days and the board gamers turn up on Sunday only, but this year the board gamers were out in full force on both days. There were 116 people in the hall at12 midday.

There was not a lot of interested in playing in the organised board game tournament at this year’s Summer Legends. Most people preferred to play social games. We may change the format so that there is only one organised tournament on offer in the morning and afternoon sessions of each day or (alternately) if five people play any game there will be a prize for it.

However, four tournaments did run (besides the Warhmmer Fantasy event) and they were well attended. The results were;

Viewpoint Sanctioned Event (winner Danny Frahm)
DnD Miniatures (winner Jeremy Norton)
Magic: the Gathering Grand Melee (winner Adrian Roberts)
Memoir 44 (this event was a knock out format. Matt and Liam have reached the final and will play an Eastern Front Scenario for the trophy.

Other games I saw being played:

Last Night on Earth
(I got to play in this and it was a fantastic game – very Hollywood. We played the Zombie Apocalypse scenario in which the zombies (which I played) had to destroy 6 buildings before Sunrise. It was a very close game that could have gone either way – but the Heroes triumphed in the end. The highlight was the explosion of the gas station after Jade, the high school outcast (and resident pyromaniac) poured gasoline everywhere and fled the scene on her skateboard. The Sherriff opened up on the gas station and all the gasoline markers went off in a chain reaction killing a heap of zombies and the Sherriff in the process!)
Power Struggle
Blokus
Pandemic
Lord of the Rings
Sitting Ducks
Settlers of Catan
Zooleretto
Chaos in the Old World
Caylus
Carcasonne (I played this and actually won – the second miracle of the year!)
Kitty Chaos
Talisman
Power Grid

A big thanks to Eddie Crompton for organising the Warhammer event and also to Angela Caffrey and Mal Owen for their invaluable assistance with the canteen (which ran out of food by Sunday afternoon!)

Roll on Winter Retreat and Legends of Winter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.