Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garcian Smith
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems this only happens when the train stock is gone or when the train is out of capital.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Revelade wrote:
It seems this only happens when the train stock is gone or when the train is out of capital.

Or when someone is trying to make sure that a company is closer to a destination but can't possibly make it there before some other company does.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Keightley
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
With maybe like one exception in my 100+ games it's only happened when the company was out of rail or out of cash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
Coca Lite wrote:
With maybe like one exception in my 100+ games it's only happened when the company was out of rail or out of cash.

Another possibility, which has come up in one of my many games a few times is a scenario where, let's say for example, the C&O is nearing Chicago. I am equally interested with one other player in seeing it get there (with two players very disinterested in seeing this happen).

Ideally, you never want to be the player who actually does the first Chicago build, because doing so offers up the best opportunity at the Wabash to the next player to your left. So what I have done in this case is calculate how much cash is needed for my C&O partner to put it in for me. There have been cases where there's just enough spare cash to grab 1 or 2 more mountain hexes down south to increase the value of the big C&O payout when it hits Chicago. So, I do that build, then when it gets back to the other guy, hopefully he does the Chicago build and we both cash in and I'm at least one seat closer to taking advantage of the Wabash offering.

This scenario assumes that capitalise actions are exhausted or that the other C&O holder is to my left. If there was a chance for someone to auction a C&O share before the chicago build, I'd probably do it myself in that case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It has happened rarely, but I have used small Expand actions in order to force another player to explicitly choose which of two companies would reach Chicago before the General Dividend, and thus not both. While it is a rare event, this can be an effective way of working game tempo to your advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.