Popular Tags: [View All]
Kai von der Aa
Germany
Nuremberg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the usage of the veteran cards is not very clear in the rules. First I thought it's because I have the German rules and maybe there is something missing through translation, but even in the english rules I couldn't find a solution.

1) In some firefights it is stated, that one or another unit can't use a given veteran card. So I think, if I can't find an adequate sentence in a firefight, every unit could be a veteran or could assigned a veteran card to, right?

2) Next question is, can I use the veteran card in an abstract way like a weapon card? With the weapon card I have the card in my hand and use it right with any unit I want to. Means I don't assign the weapon to a special unit, unless firefight states something else. Same with the veteran card? Do I have to assign a veteran card and/or a weapon card at start of the firefight to a certain unit (and so I have to mark it on a paper, hidden to my opponent which unit is a veteran or which unit have a special weapon) or do I use the veteran card and/or weapon card just in case I find it useful for unit 1 or unit 2 or unit...?

3) If I should assign a veteran card to a veteran unit...*ahem* I'm confused about that...If the firefight doesn't say explicitly that the units are veterans, I couldn't use the card? Or I assign the card to a unit and then it is a veteran autamatically (just for effect of the card)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Schuster
Austria
Innsbruck
Tirol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I am not the master of the rules here, but so far we did not have any problems with veteran cards. So I'll try to answer your questions - altough I must confess that it is always much easier if you have an example, like the use of the card in a given firefight:

1) Yes, that's correct. Altough, for clarity, I would not say "assigned to" as they are not technically assigned to certain units. Simply said, every unit may use veteran cards if not stated otherwise in the firefight description.

2) That depends on the veteran card:

All cards which say "continous" as their frequency of use are always valid for a unit or a group of units (or all of your units) for the whole firefight.

Cards which say "1x per round" may be used by one of your units which is allowed to do so (meaning every unit if the firefight does not say otherwise), but only once per turn (and not once per turn per unit, of course). In the next turn, another unit may use this card, and you don't have to say (or write down) at the beginning of the game or the turn which one will use it. Just use it whenever you think it will help you most.

Cards which say "play & discard" simply work like green action cards or weapon cards.

3) If the firefight says nothing else, all of your units are considered veterans and may use the cards as described above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.