GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,342 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

The BoardGameGeek Game» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Pat, Merric, Troy and Rich play TBGGG. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
The BoardGameGeek Game is really best when played with 5 or 6 players, but, now I own it, I'm trying to get in a few games. I played this game with Pat, Troy and Rich and, once again, Pat showed his mercurial (and occasionally inattentive) nature by not paying attention to the rules and going for sets of 1-6 in the same colour, not sets of the same numbers.

Troy paid attention, and didn't do badly - Pat... hmm.

I was getting more interested in placing my tiles in odd places - thus, in the first round I placed all of my "1" tiles in the top shelf of the "1" store, hoping some people would fail to get them and thus be unable to get a set of 1s. That particular tactic failed dreadfully. As you can see in this picture, every one was bought by the other players!

Merric=green, Troy=blue, Pat=yellow, Rich=red

Meanwhile, Pat was putting all of his game out for sale, with little rhyme nor reason that I could comprehend. As a result, he had no games to play in the final round.

Not all of the games were being sold, but I was happy with how my sets were coming along. Meanwhile Rich, as a very clever geek, was storing away good sets of all the games and having his sold at high prices. I didn't know this was happening - showing that Rich is a sneaky and clever geek! (Or that I'm inattentive as well, which could well be the case).

I dropped badly behind in the geekgold, mainly because my high value games hadn't come up for sale yet...

The final round was tough: with very few games for sale, the geeks clustered around the windows looking for their final favourite games. Or, in the case of a few geeks, looked through the windows to empty stores, but unwilling to pay the geekgold to reach the stores which still had games. It was a depressing sight:

I picked up a couple of cheap games, Rich only bought one game - and that for a high price. The geeks went home, and we tallied up the gold gained by the final purchases. Before revealing the sets, this is how we were placed:

Troy 52, Merric 49, Rich 52, Pat 44.

Now came the big reveal:
Ones: Merric 2, Troy 18, Pat 2, Rich 18
Twos: Merric 18, Troy 18, Pat 4, Rich 18
Threes: Merric 18, Troy 6, Pat 18, Rich 18
Fours: Merric 18, Troy 4, Pat 4, Rich 18
Fives: Merric 10, Troy 18, Pat 10, Rich 5
Sixes: Merric 18, Troy 18, Pat 18, Rich 18

The scores were tallied... and Rich had won on 147. Troy had 144, I had 143, and Pat was in very last position on 100.

The three attentive geeks had done well, and been very close indeed: Rich had been superb at picking up sets, and well deserved the win. I'm hoping for 5 or 6 player games in the future - four is interesting, but it isn't as tight as the 5/6 player game is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betty Dingus
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great report! I like the details and photos.

Here I was, feeling sorry for little red in the last picture, standing all alone at an empty shop looking bewildered. When actually it was Rich taking a break on his way to victory!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Eldridge
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dingus wrote:
Great report! I like the details and photos.

Here I was, feeling sorry for little red in the last picture, standing all alone at an empty shop looking bewildered. When actually it was Rich taking a break on his way to victory!

Actually, by the last round of the game I'd already had the full sets of all the numbered games barring the 5-value games so I just picked up a 5-value game at the expensive store (Thebes I think) and had geeks at other stores hoping to pick up other 5 games as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.