Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for checking this out and I hope you decide to help! I've developed a game I call "portal" that is a chess like abstract played between two players. I have made it into a print and play version for the prototype and would like some people I don't know to give it a whirl. I have positive feed back from the people I've played with so far, but would like some pos (and neg) feed back from those I don't know. If anyone is willing to give it a few runs I would like to send you a file containing the information. If you play enough games (at least 6) to fill out a survey I will include your name in the rule book as a playtester. Thanks for the help!

if you want to help please geekmail me an email address i can send the file too. Thanks.

Kenny

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be interesting to know a bit more about playtime and weight. This would make it easier to decide, if you go with a handful of games and give reasonable feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate Callen
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like it could be interesting. We'll try it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Metzger
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kvenosdel wrote:
Thanks for checking this out and I hope you decide to help! I've developed a game I call "portal" that is a chess like abstract played between two players. I have made it into a print and play version for the prototype and would like some people I don't know to give it a whirl. I have positive feed back from the people I've played with so far, but would like some pos (and neg) feed back from those I don't know. If anyone is willing to give it a few runs I would like to send you a file containing the information. If you play enough games (at least 6) to fill out a survey I will include your name in the rule book as a playtester. Thanks for the help!

if you want to help please geekmail me an email address i can send the file too. Thanks.

Kenny
Not to be rude, but it sounds like you have a chess variant, or something similar, which (if it is) won't be bringing you royalty checks anytime soon. Chess variants are a dime-a-dozen.

Anyways, send it off and I'll give it a playtest. You can reach me through geekmail and send me a link there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it's a chess variant. He said it's a chess-like two-player abstract. That could mean that at the very least it's about two players moving a group of different pieces around a board. At least, let's hope it's not a chess variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope not a chess variant. I called it that since you do in fact each have two groups of pieces that you move about and yes you do try to capture the other player's pieces.

Other than that the game board is designed with hexes first of all. Movement of pieces is less restrictive than chess. Rather than complex in-depth strategy, it is designed to be more of a short term strategy that you need to adjust as you go. There a couple elements of it that I think make it unique (as far as I know) and that give the game a much different feel than chess.

From the test plays I've done games can play as quick as 20 minutes and last much longer depending on how much AP you are playing with. Two defensive minded players could play much longer games I guess but in this game sacrifice is necessary in order to get anywhere.

As to dime-a-dozen I'm really not to caught up with that. I'd love to publish a game but I do really enjoy game designing as a hobby as well. Mostly I just want one of my projects to be checked out by people who I know won't suger coat anything for me. Strangers are really good at that! Thanks all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.