Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bee :)
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skribble: The Mystery Drawing Game

Just read the description:
Prepare for a totally different drawing game! When you play SKRIBBLE, you don't know what you're drawing! Another player attempts to instruct you on what to draw...while you try to guess what it is.

The challenge is that the instructor can only describe geometric shapes, not anything which specifically describes the object.

For example, when drawing "house," words like roof, window or door can't be mentioned.

The only differences that I can see is that this game comes in a larger blue box, rather than a smaller red one. 'Skribble' also apparently never got much publicity, and only has 7 ratings on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betty Dingus
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very similar, yep. Skribble has a timer, that Backseat Drawing doesn't - in it, two players keep drawing (following different directions) till someone guesses what it is. Also no hints are provided (animal, etc.) and there are only two levels of difficulty - easy and hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bee :)
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Skribble: The Mystery Drawing Game last night, and found that it has some other differences from Backseat Drawing besides the use of a sand timer. You roll 3 small dice, and the number combination is then looked up in a booklet. You then have a choice of going for a 1,2,or 3 point word. So, there are 3 levels of difficulty (easy, medium, and hard), and you are rewarded accordingly. You are able to give a one word hint, which helps. One major difference is that only one team plays at a time, rather than both teams drawing and guessing simultaneously. That is the only modification I would make to Skribble that would make it more like Backseat Drawing. Otherwise, Skribble comes with a total of 3,996 clues found in two booklets, which I am sure is far more than what is included in Backseat Drawing. Also, there is a dry erase score board on the back side of the drawing easel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.