Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, what do you guys think about this software? I've had problems with both Norton and McAfee and wanted to try something else on my new laptop. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Garbage. Pure junk. If you want a great antivirus program, use Avira. It's free and it's awesome at stopping the baddies from getting in your computer. Another great free malware removal tool is Malware Bytes. It too is free, and is also brilliant. Use them together and keep that PC running lean and clean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmbmb
stormseeker75 wrote:
Garbage. Pure junk. If you want a great antivirus program, use Avira. It's free and it's awesome at stopping the baddies from getting in your computer. Another great free malware removal tool is Malware Bytes. It too is free, and is also brilliant. Use them together and keep that PC running lean and clean.

QFT

I also like AVG and Avast for antivirus software. Both are free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
United States
San Ramon
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I've been using it for a couple of months, and it's fine. It's a stripped-down version of their enterprise product, ForeFront. I would say for a free solution, AVG or MSE are good options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
stormseeker75 wrote:
If you want a great antivirus program, use Avira. It's free and it's awesome at stopping the baddies from getting in your computer. Another great free malware removal tool is Malware Bytes. It too is free, and is also brilliant. Use them together and keep that PC running lean and clean.

OK, I'll bite.
If Avira is such a great a-v program, why do you have a need for an additional malware removal tool?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Because there is no antivirus in the world that stops everything. Except maybe Kaspersky, but that's not free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Forbes

New Hampshire
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Been running it since a while before it went public.

In comparisons, it worked for most viruses and is considered to be good (but not fantastic) protection.

But the best part is that it's invisible, in terms of almost never bothering you, and not affecting performance.

It might not be the choice if you're doing a lot of risky stuff, but for a normal user, it's fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
No antivirus stops everything. All the antiviruses in the world, running at once, don't stop everything.

In malware, the highest level of defense on Windows is not an antivirus, but a bunch of low level tools, ran often, and by a person that happens to have enough knowledge of his system and how Windows works to both detect everything and avoid false positives. The malware creators are further ahead in the race than ever before, if just because a decade or two ago, viruses were something created by hobbyists for kicks, while now they are made by professionals who can make a whole lot of money out of their work.

For those that don't have to deal with computer internals for work, your best bet is a good free antivirus, MalwareBytes, being very careful about what you download and run, and even then, a 0 day exploit on a browser might still find you infected, and having to post Hijackthis logs on malware forums hoping that a pro will be willing to help you out with your malware problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.