Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A few more rules questions:

1 - If you do not have the skills available to enter a node, the rules say you can roll an unmodified 6 to get 1 success. I am assuming that you only roll 1 DIE PER TURN to attempt this? You can't activate your entire squad to roll 6 or 7 dice, trying to get a 6, correct?

2 - Does Activation of units during the advance phase have any effect on units in the combat phase? I'm assuming no, but I was curious whether the units who used their skills to move in a turn have to miss the first round of combat or something.

3 - Can the leader's command ability be used:

A - once per ENTIRE TURN
B - once per ADVANCE and once per COMBAT
C - once per ADVANCE and once in every COMBAT SEQUENCE

The rules say that command can be used "once per combat turn", but I'm not sure what a combat turn is referring to. And then they later say that command can be used to "increase the AP of a single skill check", which makes it sound more limited.

Had fun with my first game yesterday. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gottardo Zancani
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) you can attempt a single unskilled roll per turn.

2) no - units activated during the node resolution can partecipate to combat without penalty

3) case C: Leader Command can be used in both the node resolution AND the combat.

Zak
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! That's how I ended up playing it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mayse
United States
Los Lunas
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a concern about the ability to only roll one "natural" 6 per turn to get just one success on Node Resolutions requiring a skill that is not in your group. Of course, the competent commander will take the Special team members with the appropriate skills needed for the mission, but if that particular member is killed early on and there is no one to cover that particular skill anymore, it is highly unlikely that you will be able to complete the mission before time runs out on the Turn Track...

Has anyone worked out a better method of doing non-skilled Node Resolutions or at least one that gives the commander an improved chance to complete the mission if he starts losing skill sets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gottardo Zancani
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Losing one critical skill is surely one of the biggest problems in the mission. The only option is to use the Intelligence Resources: the roll of 6+ required for an unskilled check cannot be modified by command but can be modified using the appropriate Resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.