Shipyard» Forums » General

Subject: Difference btwn German and English edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shardeen Mehdi
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmb
hi guys im wondering if theres any diff between shipyard the german and english version?

cos in France, the german eidition sells for 31 euros and english for 56 euros..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there is a difference. It's probably just additional shipping costs... Germany is a lot closer than the U.S.

We get the opposite over here. I paid $70 for an imported At the Gates of Loyang, which will soon be selling for $40 with the upcoming U.S. release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the German edition has boats. They're pictured in the rules, but the US edition has pawns instead of boats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
English edition has the boats as well. Boats are used in the canals for the maiden voyage. Pawns are used in the Main rondel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Strauss
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I´m trying to get 300 years old, so now I´m a teenager
mbmbmbmbmb
colourblind wrote:
hi guys im wondering if theres any diff between shipyard the german and english version?
cos in France, the german eidition sells for 31 euros and english for 56 euros..

devil the language ???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
English edition has the boats as well. Boats are used in the canals for the maiden voyage. Pawns are used in the Main rondel.

Sorry, but my RGG edition came with THREE pawns. Two for a 2 player game or one for more and one to use fas a boat.
No boats though, unless my copy is messed up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rokkr wrote:
garry_rice wrote:

Sorry, but my RGG edition came with THREE pawns. Two for a 2 player game or one for more and one to use fas a boat.
No boats though, unless my copy is messed up.

The two-player game uses all three pawns. Your RGG copy should have also had a single boat in each player colour - mine did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juraj Sulik
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To answer the OP, there are no differences between english and german version except the language of the rulebook and the box. And rules are available here on BGG for download in both languages.

Both version should include three wooden pawns, one boat and one round score marker for each colour. Plus five white pawns for rondels and turn track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, in the German rules under the setup part in paragraphs 14 and 15, it clarifies that they are talking about the dark brown cards whereas this was omitted in the English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the reply I got from Jay when I asked for boat tokens:

Quote:
Thanks, Rik I have just read the rules and see no boat tokens listed. Jay

So either the people claiming to get boat tokens are crazy or Jay is being dishonest.
I have no idea which.
I DO know I only received a scoring marker and 3 pawns in my copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Longdin
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought my copy from a German retailer. It has both RGG and CGE on the box and came only with English rules. It also came with 1 "ship" token for each player. The rules say:

4x5 playing pieces - 3 figures for choosing actions, 1 counter for keeping score, 1 ship figure for sailing in the Shipping canals.

However, I may still be crazy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked in my rule book and it says I should have ship tokens for each player. My copy obviously did not have them.

I'm not sure why Jay seems to believe they don't exist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rokkr wrote:
This is the reply I got from Jay when I asked for boat tokens:

Quote:
Thanks, Rik I have just read the rules and see no boat tokens listed. Jay

So either the people claiming to get boat tokens are crazy or Jay is being dishonest.
I have no idea which.
I DO know I only received a scoring marker and 3 pawns in my copy.

Maybe he's confused because of the word "tokens", which are usually cardboard. The rules calls them "ship figures", listed under the "
4 × 5 Player Pieces" section:
Quote:
4 × 5 Player Pieces – 3 figures for choosing actions, 1 counter for keeping score, 1 ship figure for sailing in the Shipping Canals.

These are the ships, they're wooden:

Point Jay to the image.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Murmak
Czech Republic
Kladno
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Codenames ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Rokkr wrote:
I looked in my rule book and it says I should have ship tokens for each player. My copy obviously did not have them.

I'm not sure why Jay seems to believe they don't exist.

To make this faster and easier for everybody (normally Jay is handling US customers). Go to http://czechgames.com/en/contact/, fill out the form and describe what you are missing. We will handle it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.