Bob Snake
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the ladies are new to gaming and already played TTR Europ with us twice, I decided to add the destination cards from the expension to the basegame.

We noticed that there was duplicates of tickets. I will remove the duplicates for next game, but why would they add dupicate destination cards since you already have them with TTR Europe?

Just wandering if I'm not seeing something here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1912's destination tickets are indeed a superset of TtR Europe. if you play TtR Europe alot, especially without sleeving them, there will be noticeable wear on the them. Having a fresh copy of everything will let you play without worrying about being able to tell the Europe destination tickets from the 1912 ones.

Also, the new dest. tickets in 1912 have different backs, of which the "longer ones" and regular ones in 1912 are also different from each other. The official Mega Variant calls for looking at the the "longer ones" and deciding what to keep if any of them first, THEN decide on what regular dest. tickets you want to keep and pursue.

There would be 3 different backs if you combined Europe and 1912 by your inquiry, which I don't think would've been such a bad thing, but to keep things consistent and less of a "headache", just make 'em all the same (regulars with one back and "long ones" with another back)

EDIT: grammar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Brousseau
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There's a "Big Cities" logo on all cards (old or new) that should be part of the 1912 Big Cities variant. That's one reason to reprint them. Otherwise, you'd need to look at the city names on all those cards to get the proper set instead of just watching out for the logo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Martell
New Zealand
Lower Hutt
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bob

I just swapped the cards over - put the original Europe destinations in the Europa 1912 box... that way I only have to get out the expansion box if we want to play with just the original set (which, so far, is never)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.