I have submitted a file to the admins for the original map that I was going to use for Open Rails Origins...
The map is set on the Atlantic Seaboard and includes Maryland and Delaware with portions of Virginia and Pennsylvania. Companies are focused around Washington with a few other railroad companies to the north and west.
Three additional rules for this map:
- Crossing a dark brown line costs an extra $2 to build track over.
- Going through a town (dot) gives you $1 income but does not count as a stop for your train. So, if you're playing the basic game and are running a 3-train from Philadelphia to Wilmington to Baltimore and you have cubes in 6 towns, your income would be $6 + $2 + $4 for the cities plus $6 for the towns for a total income of $18. If you had two 3-trains, your income would be $36!
- Ferries cost $6 to build across and cost 1 cube to mark on the map. No other track can be built during the same turn that a ferry route is claimed UNLESS the Extra Track action is used. If the Extra Track action is used, one additional cube may be built using normal rules.
Designer's Note: This map was going to be the original map for the game. I opted to go with 18AL as a base map as it would be more familiar to 18XX style play. There are also some playability issues with this map in terms of starting company locations and cube balance. However, it should be an interesting game for those who have already played the base map.
- Last edited Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:13 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:11 pm