Eckernfoerde
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
badge
Lest we Forget
mbmbmbmbmb
I am on Funagain games' mailing list, and received this e-mail from them today:

Quote:
Millions of people across America saw the "Tripp Episode" on ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" on Sunday, Feb. 14, at 9/8c. The special two-hour show featured the efforts of 4,000 local volunteers who built the Tripp family a new home in Hyattsville, Maryland as well as a community center. The volunteers did it all in just seven days.

Funagain and FRED Distribution were contacted by "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition's" producers to help the team achieve their objectives. The companies were honored to contribute together by donating more than 60 board games.

Come and see the list of games donated by clicking here:

http://www.funagain.com/redir/29183/emhe

Like the TV show itself, retailer Funagain Games shares a long-held mission to help communities. Funagain donates games and gives game grants to schools, libraries, community organizations and military personnel. You can read all about the grant programs here:

http://www.funagain.com/redir/29184/grants

Happy Gaming!
Funagain Games

I have been amazed in the few short months that I have been a member of this site at the generosity shown by both gamers and retailers alike - The Haiti donation push, Secret Santa and now this.

In these difficult economic times, it is heartwarming to see that people are willing to give to those less fortunate than themselves. This is a fantastic advertisement for the hobby, and I hope that it will reap its own rewards by introducing more people to the hobby, and showing them that gamers are not just a bunch of nerdy wierdos playing 'that game with the goblins' in thheir mother's basement.

Kudos to Funagain games, and kudos to you all.

Jenks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Coffee
United States
Norcross
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
I forgot to watch on Sunday, but this episode is already available on ABC.com. I tried watching (quickly, maybe too quickly) online and did not see any real credit given to Funagain. I saw the very end and since I knew what to look for I could see Carc on some shelves in one section and games in another section by the TV. Does anyone know exactly the time in which to look for proper credit given for the games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher DeFrisco
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Ah, negative. I am a meat popsicle.
mbmbmbmbmb
FunAgain donated a total of 60 games to the Tripp family (who actively support many children in the community) as well as The Fishing School. The list on FunAgain's site lists the games, multiple copies of which were donated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jenkachu wrote:

I have been amazed in the few short months that I have been a member of this site at the generosity shown by both gamers and retailers alike - The Haiti donation push, Secret Santa and now this.

You can add podcasts to the list of generous donors, check out this effort by The Spiel:
www.thespielfoundation.com
(which in turn relies on the generosity of publishers, game stores, and individual gamers!).

But yeah Funagain is really good that way, their grant program has impressed me and now their donation to this effort as well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.