Descent: The Road to Legend» Forums » Variants

Subject: Customizing dungeons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
I'm working on a customizing system that would be broader than the -very interesting- monster customizing systems posted here before.
Here is the present version. Fell free to comment. Do you fell that's balanced ?

Sorry I can't post any outside file, due to security reasons (I'm writing from my office outside office hours, but the limitations are still there).
So I'll make it several messages to avoid them being too long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
Just after choosing his mix of minions (or acknowledging the fixed monster mix), the OL may discard one monster. If there are at least 6 monsters of any one category (H/B/E), he may discard two of them.
Named monsters and any monsters that are drawn on the map may not be discarded.

This gives him a number of points, which he may spend on buying other monsters or features.

Kobold 7
Bane Spider, Skeleton 12
Ferrox, Hell Hound 14
Deep Elf, Beastman, Sorcerer 16
Razorwings 18
Black Priest 20
Manticore, Blood Ape 25
Naga, Ogre, Golem 30
Troll, Chaos Beast 35
Giant 40
Dragon, Demon 45

Master monster : add 50 % and keep any ½ point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
Buying monsters : you may buy monsters of the same category as those you discarded, at the costs mentioned above.
You may improve monsters (even of another category as those discarded) by paying the difference in cost. A standard move, then, would be to change three normal Whatsits into two master Whatsits.

Buying extra threat points : you may buy one threat points for every 3 points worth of discarded monsters. They'll arrive one by one, e.g. if you have bought 4 extra threat points, you'll get one more threat point on each of your first 4 turns. Too bad if the level lasts less than that.

Increasing the dungeon's size : that may only be done if you don't add any concavities by doing so. For example, you may lenghten a passage, but you may not create a passages that crosses it.

Costs are :
3 points for a 2*2 section
4 points for a 3*2 section
5 points for a 4*2 section
9 points for a 4*4 room expansion (new rooms are excluded by the above rule)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
Features and traps

Mud : 1 point per square. At most 4*2 squares per patch, no more than two patches, and they'll be at distance 4 at least from eachother.
Pit : 4 points per square. Maximum size 2*2. Maximum total number of squares : 6. Separate pits have to be at least at distance 3 from eachother and from pits already on the map. Those pits are never "without bottom".
Rubble : 2 points per square. Unlimited number, but they may not reduce the width of the main passages to 2 squares ; that is, a 2*2 creature should be able to travel from any glyph, door, chest to any other, unless she already isn't.
Table : 3 points. Unlimited number.
Corrupted terrain : 3 points per square. Same restrictions as mud.
Lava : 6 points per square. Maximum size of patch : 3*2 hexes ; maximum 2 patches at minimum distance 4.
Scything blades : 15 points for a standard 2*1 blade.
Dart field : 20 points for a standard 3*2 field.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.