Subject: Question about card B14 LIMA SITE 85 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julio ALBARRAN
Spain
MADRID
SPAIN
flag msg tools
Hi, if you play the event, you can bomb Laos and place the lima site 85. If lima site 85 is destroyed, can you bomb laos anyway?
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't it say on the card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. All special benefits from Lima Site 85 disappear when the site is destroyed.

While I am talking about it, treat Lima Site 85 as an Allied unit, so the Red player must attack it and inflict a loss that the site absorbs. The site cannot evade or retreat (obviously), and put it aside when destroyed. It does not go to the Body Count Box. Also, it does not affect Red strategic movement along the Ho Chi Minh trail like every other Allied unit does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
For future reference or whatever, when you have a game with events on cards like this, it's often helpful to list each card with any additional detail needed in a section of the rules. FWIW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
For future reference or whatever, when you have a game with events on cards like this, it's often helpful to list each card with any additional detail needed in a section of the rules. FWIW.

When I first started writing the rules, it was my intention to put that very section in the rules appendix. However, when I did the cards, I had no idea what to write in those pages that was not already on the cards. (Well, except for the Campaigns, which are in the playbook.) If something did come up, I tried to reword the event so the something went away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In any case, 24/7 pager access via the forums will suffice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.