Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Mays
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now, in Cincinnati, the weather offically sucks. There's maybe, I don't know, a foot or so of snow and 6 to 9 more currently falling. I mean, it's not like places where they expect this kind of stuff, so I know some people will scoff and such, but it stills kinda bites.

Luckily ( ) I live close enough to work to walk (and in weather like this am the only one who makes it in). But anyway, enough about me, how's the weather where you are?

(And feel free to gloat if you are in one of those wonderfully weathered places around our much damaged planet or on vacation or something)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Snake
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here it sucks from November until mid April (We usually have our last snow storm in the beginning of april).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Weckermann
Canada
Powell River
British Coumbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does not suck here Sunshine Coast B C Canada. May cloud and possibly rain latter today, so taking my motorcycle out for a quick spin before it does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
The weather here is warm enough I did not even need a jacket full stop when I went outside. The sky is slightly cloudy but not at all overcast, and the only thing my wife and I have used the radiator for all winter so far is to dry clothes.

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well Florida has had a strong winter this year. We had almost a week of low temperatures in the 20's F at the beginning of the year. And this is the second week where we have lows in the 30's for more than 1 day at a time.

It rained all day Friday, but has been sunny most other days. Not bad, but definitely not typical!!!

kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
GrrBlarg wrote:
Right now, in Cincinnati, the weather offically sucks. There's maybe, I don't know, a foot or so of snow and 6 to 9 more currently falling.
Wow, 6 to 9 more feed of snow??? Oh... nevermind.

We had a rough Christmas through New Years around here, with ~3 ft in about a week. Its been mild since then, with only 6-8 inches one time and a few other incidents of 2-3 inches. Its snowing now, but doesn't look like we'll get much accumulation.

This season did spur me to purchase this microbadge: mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
YOU ARE LIKELY TO BE EATEN BY A
badge
ɥɔʇıןƃ ʎʇıןɐǝɹ
mbmbmbmbmb
With a stiff upper lip and a strong constitution, I think we'll muddle through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kunnagh Scott
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maksimov wrote:
The sky was clear and it was about -5 degrees celcius earlier(now it's -8 degrees) with very little wind. We have about 50-60cm of snow and I think we're supposed to get some more on Wednesday.

And I'm loving it! Snow and sunshine!

Well, it depends when you read this thread as to how bad it actually is...

This chap runs his weather station about half a mile from where I live, so... http://www.afour.demon.co.uk/weather/Current_graphic.htm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Portugal
Lagos
Algarve
flag msg tools
I've been offline from BGG for the last couple of weeks, but I'll be back very soon!
badge
I'm that weirdo that keeps track of how many badges Kaffedrake has sold prior to yesterday
mb
GrrBlarg wrote:
(And feel free to gloat if you are in one of those wonderfully weathered places around our much damaged planet or on vacation or something)

Okey dokey, a picture of Lagos, where I live:

To be fair, it's very cold (by Portuguese standards) here atm. Really cold (minimum < 10C).
Although obviously not as cold as other places, and due to our usually good weather, most houses/people here have very poor heating (I lived in Pittsburgh for 5 months last year, and got -25C; although it was freezing out, I never felt even remotely as cold indoors as I do over here).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
mbmbmbmbmb
HiveGod wrote:
With a stiff upper lip and a strong constitution, I think we'll muddle through.

As I look out on the vista of dirty 3-foot piles of snow in my neighborhood, I hate you with every fiber of my being.

*air kiss*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to dig my own mailbox out of the snow every other day so I can get mail. Weather is great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, here in Toronto, we're having a fairly mild winter. Certainly a lot less snow than the last 2 years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
Its snowing now, but doesn't look like we'll get much accumulation.
Ok, I was very wrong. We got 4-5 inches, which I snowblowed out this morning before taking a shower and heading to work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
iklinck wrote:
Actually, here in Toronto, we're having a fairly mild winter. Certainly a lot less snow than the last 2 years.

So you're the finks that sent all this snow to Pittsburgh! Get down here and truck it back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Rice
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Blah Blah Blah
badge
I didn't know what else to do with the GG
mbmbmbmbmb
Living in New Hampshire, I never thought I would envy Texas for their snowfall....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're having a lot of snow. We usually don't get so many snow storms in such short order. The porch has about 2 feet of accumulation on it and it is still snowing. Lots of blowing and drifting too (worse since we're on the top of a hill). Overall accumulation in the last week is probably about 3+ feet.

This is the 3rd snow storm we've had in about a week's time. We usually have no more than 2 in a week. It's certainly not as bad as when I was a kid, but it's bad enough - especially since we live in a very rural area with lots of hilly terrain. When this all melts, we're going to have lots of flooding with the runoff and the typical spring rains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had SUN today! Whoohoo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's snowing here, but it still hasn't been bad at all this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.