Recommend
67 
 Thumb up
 Hide
56 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Empires: Builder Expansion» Forums » News

Subject: DIRECT FROM GLENN HIMSELF rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JJ Belyeu
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So I took the initiative and sent Glenn Drover a buddy message and asked, "Hey, when is this coming out?" HE REPLIED and here is the whole message:

Quote:
It's all done. Just waitin for Eagle to finalize the manufacturing. The most recent word I heard is this Summer on shelf.

G


Hopefully this alleviates some of our misery in the coming months while we wait.
36 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BeerMe wrote:
So I took the initiative and sent Glenn Drover a buddy message and asked, "Hey, when is this coming out?" HE REPLIED and here is the whole message:

Quote:
It's all done. Just waitin for Eagle to finalize the manufacturing. The most recent word I heard is this Summer on shelf.

G


Hopefully this alleviates some of our misery in the coming months while we wait.


Great news!

One burning question remains (or maybe I just haven't found the answer):

Will the expansion include a full 6th set of units, or just the Builders in 6 colors. Or just builders in 5 colors?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene
United States
Venice
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! Watch where you point that thing :)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to hear! Thanks for the update Jamescool
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ Belyeu
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what surprised me was that he said its being published by Eagle games, not Tropical. I dont know if this is new news, but at least we have a different website to keep checking now
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patiently waiting for the zombie apocalypse...
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Oatman
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent news!! Thank you for sharing!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
monteslu wrote:
One burning question remains (or maybe I just haven't found the answer):

Will the expansion include a full 6th set of units, or just the Builders in 6 colors. Or just builders in 5 colors?


The last I read was that the expansion would include the builders in all 6 colors (including purple); A set of purple pieces (colonists, captains, soldiers, etc) would be available for purchase separately.

No idea if this is still what is happening or not...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Strauss
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I´m trying to get 300 years old, so now I´m a teenager
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My game has units in five colors: red,blue, yellow, green and orange.
I also purchased a set in white and there was a set in black available. So wich colors will we get ?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
f-p-p-m wrote:
My game has units in five colors: red,blue, yellow, green and orange.
I also purchased a set in white and there was a set in black available. So wich colors will we get ?


I bought the black ones.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AxonDomini
United States
Smithtown
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
f-p-p-m wrote:
My game has units in five colors: red,blue, yellow, green and orange.
I also purchased a set in white and there was a set in black available. So wich colors will we get ?


I bought the black ones.


So did I. I knew about white and black as sixth colors that had been previously made available - where the hell did purple come from???
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Minkoff
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
Dum, Dum, Dum dum dum, Dum!
badge
"Money isn't everything, but it's a tie-breaker in Power Grid!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Purple won a quick informal poll that Glenn put up on BGG, as I recall. I voted for Black, myself, but won't cry about Purple.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If everyone already has white and/or black, how else can they sell a sixth player colour except by making it purple!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Overton
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update.

I am very surprised that Glenn Drover hasn't posted anything here himself, knowing he has been on the BGG multiple times recently. I had accepted the fact that the expansion was dead with no updates from him.

Goodluck All,
Darrell
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah.... this is Great, I have been waiting for this one as well!!! We LOVE to Play AoE III, good time!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Davis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright GREAT! I've been dying to get my hopes up AGAIN with this expansion!

Last time I did I was let down hard on my head, but hey....that was last time and this is now.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Faranim wrote:
monteslu wrote:
One burning question remains (or maybe I just haven't found the answer):

Will the expansion include a full 6th set of units, or just the Builders in 6 colors. Or just builders in 5 colors?


The last I read was that the expansion would include the builders in all 6 colors (including purple); A set of purple pieces (colonists, captains, soldiers, etc) would be available for purchase separately.

No idea if this is still what is happening or not...


Just confirmed this with Glenn.

Really looking forward to the expansion now.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
monteslu wrote:
Faranim wrote:
monteslu wrote:
One burning question remains (or maybe I just haven't found the answer):

Will the expansion include a full 6th set of units, or just the Builders in 6 colors. Or just builders in 5 colors?


The last I read was that the expansion would include the builders in all 6 colors (including purple); A set of purple pieces (colonists, captains, soldiers, etc) would be available for purchase separately.

No idea if this is still what is happening or not...


Just confirmed this with Glenn.

Really looking forward to the expansion now.


I'm not quite clear on exactly what you confirmed...did you confirm that it will include a full 6th set of purple pieces along with the other colors' builders? Or will it just include all the builders and we'll have to purchase the rest of the purple pieces separately?

Also, did you hear any word on an estimated release date?

Thanks for the info...

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
otha62 wrote:
monteslu wrote:
Faranim wrote:
monteslu wrote:
One burning question remains (or maybe I just haven't found the answer):

Will the expansion include a full 6th set of units, or just the Builders in 6 colors. Or just builders in 5 colors?


The last I read was that the expansion would include the builders in all 6 colors (including purple); A set of purple pieces (colonists, captains, soldiers, etc) would be available for purchase separately.

No idea if this is still what is happening or not...


Just confirmed this with Glenn.

Really looking forward to the expansion now.


I'm not quite clear on exactly what you confirmed...did you confirm that it will include a full 6th set of purple pieces along with the other colors' builders? Or will it just include all the builders and we'll have to purchase the rest of the purple pieces separately?

Also, did you hear any word on an estimated release date?

Thanks for the info...

.


Set of pieces for a 6th player in purple, and builders in all 6 colors.

He said it will be ready this summer.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Strauss
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I´m trying to get 300 years old, so now I´m a teenager
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
monteslu wrote:
otha62 wrote:
monteslu wrote:
Faranim wrote:
monteslu wrote:
One burning question remains (or maybe I just haven't found the answer):

Will the expansion include a full 6th set of units, or just the Builders in 6 colors. Or just builders in 5 colors?


The last I read was that the expansion would include the builders in all 6 colors (including purple); A set of purple pieces (colonists, captains, soldiers, etc) would be available for purchase separately.

No idea if this is still what is happening or not...


Just confirmed this with Glenn.

Really looking forward to the expansion now.


I'm not quite clear on exactly what you confirmed...did you confirm that it will include a full 6th set of purple pieces along with the other colors' builders? Or will it just include all the builders and we'll have to purchase the rest of the purple pieces separately?

Also, did you hear any word on an estimated release date?

Thanks for the info...

.


Set of pieces for a 6th player in purple, and builders in all 6 colors.

He said it will be ready this summer.



I already have a white set for the sixth player and some others have black sets, will we also get the builders ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
f-p-p-m wrote:
monteslu wrote:
otha62 wrote:
monteslu wrote:
Faranim wrote:
monteslu wrote:
One burning question remains (or maybe I just haven't found the answer):

Will the expansion include a full 6th set of units, or just the Builders in 6 colors. Or just builders in 5 colors?


The last I read was that the expansion would include the builders in all 6 colors (including purple); A set of purple pieces (colonists, captains, soldiers, etc) would be available for purchase separately.

No idea if this is still what is happening or not...


Just confirmed this with Glenn.

Really looking forward to the expansion now.


I'm not quite clear on exactly what you confirmed...did you confirm that it will include a full 6th set of purple pieces along with the other colors' builders? Or will it just include all the builders and we'll have to purchase the rest of the purple pieces separately?

Also, did you hear any word on an estimated release date?

Thanks for the info...

.


Set of pieces for a 6th player in purple, and builders in all 6 colors.

He said it will be ready this summer.



I already have a white set for the sixth player and some others have black sets, will we also get the builders ?


my guess is no. Because technically, after this releases, the black and white pieces out there are 7th player pieces.

*Edit: of course my other reasons for guessing 'no' are:
1) It's not cost effective to make black AND white builders when I'm betting it's a low percentage of users that need them
2) They chose purple for the 6th player set precisely because if they had chosen black, all the people with white pieces would be upset and if they ahd chosen white, all the people with black pieces would be upset. By going with purple, both the black and white piece owners will be equally upset which is the most fair thing to do.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Planescape
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Will you need to have the original to play this Expansion?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fables429 wrote:
Will you need to have the original to play this Expansion?


You'll need the base game...from my understanding, the expansion will include the extra buildings, a full set of purple playing pieces (with Builders), and the Builder playing pieces in the original 5 colors...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Basil
United States
Clayton
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Eagle, it would be great if you made a package that included the 6th color complete pieces with the expansion! Please!!!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Longdin
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Eagle already made me pay for a set of pieces for a 6th player. Why should they make me pay for them again?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Capitalism in a niche market!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.