Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Caputo
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gourami Games just released a multi-player version of Kachina on the iPhone that allows you to play with friends or with up to 4 computer AI opponents. I don't personally own an iPhone, so I can't speak to the execution of the game, but I'm excited to see my game available in a new format.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/id326139588?uo=4&mt=8&at=10lazE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a great game, Scott. I hold the global high score in every category (solo and all sizes of multiplayer games) on the iPhone app, but have noticed that the app has two serious bugs you could bring to the attention of the developer:

1. Scores over 100 but less than 110 do not display properly in the score box in the top right corner. For example, a current score of 105 would display without the zero as 1 5.

2. The board does not re-initilize between games, so you see residual kachina symbols on the board from the last game (the kachina symbols show lines that are at their maximum length, but those symbols stay around between games, muddying the board significantly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can not believe that after excitedly buying the original solo play app (because I didn't realize it was solo play) and being told a multi-player update is coming that the app I PURCHASED is now free and I'm supposed to shell out money AGAIN. Screw me once, shame on you... screw me twice, shame on me. I'm not buying any more iPhone stuff from you guys.

I could palette it if you were still charging for the original, but to make what I purchased a give away and then try and stick it to me again? I'll wait until the update it free... obviously that's the trend (especially given an announced expansion).

And once again... Kachina itself is a great game. Nothing against it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just looking for the app ... where did it go??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will this ever become available in the US store?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.