Nat Li
msg tools
mbmb
Hi guys!

I think a lot of people would actually do this. Pretty obvious--hey i did it too.

But apart from the fact that pre-colonial type of goods are being traded, there are absolutely no similarity in any of these games.

The mechanics are completely different, so much so that it would be like gaving a serious discussion of whether No Thanks or Ra is the better game.

Most gamers would think that is a nutty idea. I do too. Afterall, No Thanks and Ra fill a different purpose in most people's mind. People buy No Thanks! so that they can play with anyone on earth and have a short but fun time, while Ra allows a person to delve into the satisfaction of understanding the rules of a game and taking a long, deep draft of the experience.

I like both Ra and No thanks and would play them gladly.

Jaipur is more like No thanks!, and Jambo is more like Ra.

I dont even know where to put Traders of Carthage, but by now, I hope you get what I mean. Different mechanics, different purpose, cant compare them.

I like them all. I like No thanks, I like Ra, I like Jaipur, and I like Jambo. And if someone were to ask me whether they should get Jaipur or Jambo, I would definitely ask them their playing style in order to answer the question for themselves "For what purpose are you getting these games?".

PS I like this game enough to give it a 7.5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hallam
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
Yes.

Both Jambo & Jaipur are light games, but Jambo has more depth.

However, Jaipur is far quicker, a very fast tight game that doesn't wear out its welcome.

Traders of Carthage is a different kettle of wriggling fish - a great short game , but it is a brain burner, unlike J & J.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Daulton
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I'm really late on this, but I think it is useful to compare them only in this way: They are all good two-player games that take 30 minutes or so!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.