Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DW Kelly
United States
Lawrence
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've done a quick review of the rule threads, but have not been able to find a full clarification of the following Dr. Badluck question:

If two or more players end up going to visit Dr. Badluck at the end of the same round - can both players claim the same cure?

In other words, can both players visiting Dr. Badluck select the same action (given both players qualify for that action) OR can Dr. Badluck's cures (actions) only be used once per player per round?

The rules indicate that "If multiple players go (to visit Dr. Badluck) the sheriff chooses the order they take their actions. The actions are based on what dice you had in your roll and you may only take one of these actions." The rules do not emphatically state, however, that multiple players can select the same action - although logically I believe it can be inferred. Since the rules were originally translated into English (from French/German) I am just attempting to confirm my interpretation.

Thanks for any additional insight you can provide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Perry
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the rules don't expressly forbid it, then I would think it's allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was told they have to be different picks by someone I was playing with.

It's something easy enough to house rule on, but I actually prefer not allowing identical picks. Just gotta bribe the sheriff a little more than the other guy. Another layer of cutthroat is a good thing! devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Newell
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We go with Kevin. If it wasn't allowed it would be in the rules. As it isn't in the rules then it must be good to go.

We rule that you can pick any option so long as you have the dice to coincide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hello

i confirm that different players can claim for the same cure
the only rule is that you have to choose one cure wich is aloowed depending on th eresult of your dice !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DW Kelly
United States
Lawrence
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bruno,

Thanks very much for the official clarification - that was my initial assumption but I wasn't certain of your original intent (due to potential translation issues).

However, it does seem that Scott may have come up with an interesting variant on the Sheriff's role - I'll have to give it a try in a 4-5 player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.