Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Need to check everything that's on sale - even though they're not world class games, I saw what looked interesting enough to check the price, it was marked down 40% and when I took it to the register it rang up as a $1.00
So I picked up 2 copies each RUIN and Murder Mystery Mansion. Total for all 4 games $4.36, and per the receipt I saved $105.96.
For a dollar each I'll play these with my younger kids and who knows maybe they'll surprise me.

Fresno, Ca. Borders at N. Blackstone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang it, now I'm going to have to go by the Visalia Borders today. I should probably avoid it though, I already have 3 other games coming in the mail this week. lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaric wrote:
Dang it, now I'm going to have to go by the Visalia Borders today. I should probably avoid it though, I already have 3 other games coming in the mail this week. lol
Mark call me - I picked up 2 of each. If you want one of each or either - let me know. I'll also be at Steve's tonight unless my wife is too sick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries, I was going to go by at some point this week anyway to find a new book. I'm just about done with What Dreams May Come and want to see what's came out. Well, that and I got an email with a 33% off any one item coupon in it...

I'm pretty much in the same boat tonight, wife thinks she's getting sick. I'll probably still be there but it might be a little bit later, after I get my son down for the night at 7pm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Fred
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Fez.
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up Xactika for $1 at the Borders on Camelback. Left one behind. Also got a Wolf Parade CD for a buck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SQ
United States
Show Low
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Titan Dice in Kickstarter - September 19th!
mbmbmbmbmb
FezAZ wrote:
Picked up Xactika for $1 at the Borders on Camelback. Left one behind. Also got a Wolf Parade CD for a buck.

Is everything marked at $1 or do you have to ring it up to find out? Do they have any other games? I may have to check the one near here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on the store in Fresno they only had 40% off and the games had to be checked - In Visalia they were organized and all the $1.00 games were put in the bins marked $1.00. As I found out the organized store was sold out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
meskue wrote:
Is everything marked at $1 or do you have to ring it up to find out? Do they have any other games? I may have to check the one near here.

Following up on this, I checked in at my local Borders in Silver Spring. Picked up Ingenious for $1 (!!!!) and another game called Traverse for the same. None of the games were in a bin or marked down in any visual sense, the price came up when they were rang up at the register. I asked the clerk and he said he didn't know what was on sale or not. With that in mind, I grabbed a bunch of games and brought them to the register, but of the two that I grabbed (and pickings of good stuff was meager), only the two I mentioned above were at the one dollar price point. Blokus, Battlestar Galactica were at regular price, as were a whole bunch of other games that I had not heard of before, but looked to be worth a try for a buck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Fred
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Fez.
mbmbmbmbmb
To answer Michael's question, Nothing in the regular game section was on sale. The games (and CDs) I found were next to the Calendar clearance (all Calendars were $1). I found a Narnia card game for a buck too but passed it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SQ
United States
Show Low
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FezAZ wrote:
To answer Michael's question, Nothing in the regular game section was on sale. The games (and CDs) I found were next to the Calendar clearance (all Calendars were $1). I found a Narnia card game for a buck too but passed it up.

I found a bunch of calendars (and picked up a few), but no games for $1. Oh well, it was worth a shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Burns
United States
Dupont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, checked out my Boarders and there were no games in the $1 bin, just alot of calendars and odd books. The only non-party games on the game shelf were Blokus (3 copies) and Battlestar Galatica(1 copy). Neither was for sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colls
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information, OP! Just went to the Borders in Friendship Heights, DC, and picked up the last two copies of Ingenious for a dollar each. There are several copies of the game Ruin for a dollar - nothing else I checked (Blokus, Blokus Trigon, Bananagrams, BSG, Set) was discounted. There is no game sale table there, and absolutely no evidence of any discounts, so the sales clerk was surprised at Ingenious' price (and I wouldn't be surprised if she called another Borders to get one held for herself).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SQ
United States
Show Low
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I just picked up Xactika for $1 (along with some more calendars). The game was not with the calendars, but it was mentioned in the thread so I figured I'd give it a try. I didn't see Ingenious, but they had Blokus and a few other games on the game shelf. Unfortunately, I couldn't tell if these were discounted or not. I did see several people walking out with loads of games/toys (not any that I recognized) so they may have found them on the discount shelf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went back to the Fresno store just because I always feel like I'm missing something. I got lucky, the game I was looking for last time I was there is now on the shelve. This time they had the $1.00 games marked. So I picked up 2 copies of Ingenious, 1 copy of One Up, and 1 copy of Inverse. Another $4.27 - even if the other games I picked up end up being garbage, I feel I got a good deal- who knows maybe they'll be in the next garage sale pile for $2.00 each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SQ
United States
Show Low
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tebald wrote:
I went back to the Fresno store just because I always feel like I'm missing something. I got lucky, the game I was looking for last time I was there is now on the shelve. This time they had the $1.00 games marked. So I picked up 2 copies of Ingenious, 1 copy of One Up, and 1 copy of Inverse. Another $4.27 - even if the other games I picked up end up being garbage, I feel I got a good deal- who knows maybe they'll be in the next garage sale pile for $2.00 each.

Soooo jealous of your Ingenious find right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
meskue wrote:
tebald wrote:

Soooo jealous of your Ingenious find right now.

I did share. I gave a copy of Ingenious to my brother-in-law.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IrishFire Herself
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I sent a gamer friend to our local Borders and he didn't find anything.

I'd love to get ingenious, one up, or xactica for a buck! I'm not really familiar with the other titles, but would certainly try them at that price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucio Rodriguez
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
designer
Yep, more words here.
badge
This is overtext. Man, what an awesome use of 100 geekgold! :)
mbmbmbmbmb

Took a chance and hopped over to our Borders. No Ingenious, but I did get Xactica x3 and Ruin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Bolton
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
Picked up 2 copies of Ingenious at the Logan Utah store. Next closest store that has any is Las Vegas. They had 3 copies for $1.00 as of Feb. 17th. If anyone lives close to there this is a GREAT deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.