Popular Tags: [View All]
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Do any of you have a recommendation for what my company should (or should not) use?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejcarter wrote:
Do any of you have a recommendation for what my company should (or should not) use?

Any reason you don't just use Remote Desktop?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ookami Snow
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We use GoToMeeting at the company I work for, and no one has any complaints. (It is probably used multiple times each day here.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
On Monday mornings, I'm dedicated to the proposition that All Men are created jerks.
United States
Stratford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RealVNC Free Edition
http://realvnc.com/products/free/4.1/index.html

We use the enterprise edition at work. It's great. The free edition works good, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Forbes

New Hampshire
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Use RealVNC or Remote Desktop unless you need the web interface - then GoToMyPC would be the preference if you want to pay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Forbes

New Hampshire
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Use RealVNC or Remote Desktop unless you need the web interface - then GoToMyPC would be the preference if you want to pay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My company has been using the free level of the LogMeIn service for a couple of years. I've never had any problems with it and would recommend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Morse
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
http://atroublewithwords.com/
mbmbmbmbmb

We've used pretty much every single program mentioned so far, but mostly PCAnywhere, UltraVNC, as well as the Windows Remote Desktop client.

My favorite to use on the fly, when the person I'm helping isn't particularly savvy is showmypc.com - talk 'em through clicking a couple of links, and reading you a number and you're in - and it doesn't permanently install anything on your machine or theirs. It's been really handy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kinross_19 wrote:
We use GoToMeeting at the company I work for, and no one has any complaints. (It is probably used multiple times each day here.)

We generally use GoToMeeting, and it has nice cross-platform support. IE., outside of the 'web browser on a PC' thing, it has apps for Windows 8 (IE., tablets and such) as well as iOS (iPhone/iPad/etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some dude
Netherlands
Groningen
There dismay took them, for at the gate was a guard of whom no tidings had yet gone forth.
flag msg tools
Swiftly the wolf grew, until he could creep into no den, but lay huge and hungry before the feet of Morgoth. There the fire and anguish of hell entered into him, and he became filled with a devouring spirit, tormented, terrible, and strong.
badge
Then swiftly all his inwards were filled with a flame of anguish, and the Silmaril seared his accursed flesh. Howling he led before them, and the walls of the valley of the Gate echoes with the clamour of his torment.
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend TeamViewer.
Multi-platform, no problems with firewalls and stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lloyd
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Left Hand Reviews w/ Clawlan!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i've been using LogMeIn for years for my personal machines. Works perfectly, no issues. I use TeamViewer or Join.me when i need to help friends or family with their computers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.