2 Posts

The Battle for Normandy» Forums » General

Subject: Optional extra units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jim greaves
msg tools
Hi Danny
Great game. Just wondering if you have any plans to include the British Airborne reserve in the expansion planned for the future (covering the Breakout etc). As I'm sure you know, Monty planned to insert the 52nd Lowland Air-landing division as part of Operation Perch to encircle Caen in mid June, but this was vetoed by the RAF. The 1st Airborne was also available, if the deadlock around Caen needed to be broken (possibly early July 44). The use of the latter is very much hypothetical but as Monty was talking about 'knocking about towards Falaise' prior to the start of Operation Goodwood, it is conceivable that this unit could have been used if the need arose.

Neither of these units are available in 'The Longest Day', which was one of the counter omissions from that fine game. I wonder if you would consider providing these as options if/when the expansion is published?

Thanks

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
The next C3i issue is going to provide a lot of optional rules and some counters. That might also be a place where something like this would make its appearance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.