Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Weaver
United States
Denver
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe a dumb question but here goes:

Is there a thread or other collection of good sets of 10 kingdom cards that others have played with or suggest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The back of the rulebook for the core set has a few lists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Weaver
United States
Denver
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. I'm looking for others that have been compiled, either through successful play or experienced players creating them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you looking for base game only sets, or do you accept sets from expansions?

If expansions are allowed, I list some Seaside+Intrigue sets (some of which have some base game cards as well) at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4606584#4606584
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Santana
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/421877/post-your-favorite-pl...

Check out page 2, 2nd post (by Solamar)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Weaver
United States
Denver
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, thanks. Cards from any published expansion are welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dominion FAQ has some links, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Davis-Quinn
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
My suggestion is go for randomness and if you find a group that really works well write it down to play it again -- usually best not to do the same cards everytime though.

But if one group works great would be interesting to see if that would work again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daley
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since most of those threads are brutally old, I will post a very interesting, and blazingly fast game we came across while doing random sets. It incorporates Dominion, Intrigue and Seaside. It focuses very heavily on cleaning out your hand, but there are definitely several (at least) ways to win. The chapel is in here, but it is by no means overwhelming. This set plays easily and quickly with up to 6 players.

-2-
Chapel
Pearl Diver
-3-
Steward
-4-
Moneylender
Island
Salvager
-5-
Trading Post
Explorer
Bazaar
Mine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Weaver
United States
Denver
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My newest set:

"C" You Later

Caravan
Cellar
Chancellor
Chapel
Conspirator
Coppersmith
Council Room
Courtyard
Cutpurse
Sea Hag

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daley
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rurugby wrote:
My suggestion is go for randomness and if you find a group that really works well write it down to play it again -- usually best not to do the same cards everytime though.

But if one group works great would be interesting to see if that would work again.

There is a spreadsheet for download here which allows you to print several random games at once. I find it *SUPER* beneficial to print out a few dozen at a time, and to take notes after playing each one. Even if you just stroke the game out entirely, or write "meh" or "slow" next to it, it's always nice to have them printed out, for future reference.

We will often put other people's names beside a game. So a fast game might say "Aunt Donna", and a construction/destruction game might just say "Jim". That way, next time you see Jim, you've got a game ready to go that he's probably going to like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Whipple
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elkabong wrote:
Since most of those threads are brutally old, I will post a very interesting, and blazingly fast game we came across while doing random sets. It incorporates Dominion, Intrigue and Seaside. It focuses very heavily on cleaning out your hand, but there are definitely several (at least) ways to win. The chapel is in here, but it is by no means overwhelming. This set plays easily and quickly with up to 6 players.

-2-
Chapel
Pearl Diver
-3-
Steward
-4-
Moneylender
Island
Salvager
-5-
Trading Post
Explorer
Bazaar
Mine

What are the odds that you would draw up a set at random where every card in the set other than the pearl diver is a card that trashes/removes cards from your deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Eggman
United States
Santa Maria
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 12 different pre-set decks in this thread...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/500065/preset-decks-from...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daley
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
malakant wrote:
elkabong wrote:

-2-
Chapel
Pearl Diver
-3-
Steward
-4-
Moneylender
Island
Salvager
-5-
Trading Post
Explorer
Bazaar
Mine

What are the odds that you would draw up a set at random where every card in the set other than the pearl diver is a card that trashes/removes cards from your deck?

I dunno, I'm not much of a statistician It's still a favorite every time we play it though.

Stats are a weird thing though, aren't they. What are the changes that the Tactician and the Coppersmith come up together? We had that twice in one evening yesterday. We didn't play the second game with them together, as the first game was overwhelming proof that Tactician and Coppersmith are virtually unbeatable Try that one sometime...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.