Subject: I thought Chit-Chatters might know this.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
I just recently surpassed the 10K thumb marks (two golden meeples) and I thought I remembered someone saying there is a system awarded microbadge for this. Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Moshe!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Lets go Celts!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yes the coveted "golden meeple". You should get it this evening when the system ones are loaded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Was this today? If so, it might show up overnight. Assuming that your assumption is correct, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
You want this, don't you?
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
I just recently surpassed the 10K thumb marks (two golden meeples) and I thought I remembered someone saying there is a system awarded microbadge for this. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh, really? I hit 10K a few weeks ago and no golden dude for me. I figured the goalposts had been moved.

Congrats, Moshe!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshBot wrote:
Huh, really? I hit 10K a few weeks ago and no golden dude for me. I figured the goalposts had been moved.
Thumbs gained in ChatChat are not counted - you are still about 9k short. arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Microbadge Wiki Of course, one never knows what the current state of things is, so um, *shrug*.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
boltongeordie wrote:
JoshBot wrote:
Yeah, and RSP thumbs probably count as negative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
vandemonium wrote:
Microbadge Wiki Of course, one never knows what the current state of things is, so um, *shrug*.

You know, this one has floated around for a while, and I don't know what the source of it is. I'm not the microbadge admin, but have never heard anything on the official side about granting the Golden Meeple for X number of thumbs. I've given the award out in the past for seekrit *readcted* things, but they had nothing to do with a thumb count; nor has the Golden Camel, still with seekrit *redacted* qualifications ever been awarded for any system-type award.

It is possible that an admin with power has taken it upon him or herself to dole out the Golden Meeple for reaching a thumb threshold, but I don't think it's a system-programmed badge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Could we get the responsible Admin to correct the Wiki, please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skelebone wrote:
vandemonium wrote:

You know, this one has floated around for a while, and I don't know what the source of it is. I'm not the microbadge admin, but have never heard anything on the official side about granting the Golden Meeple for X number of thumbs. I've given the award out in the past for seekrit *readcted* things, but they had nothing to do with a thumb count; nor has the Golden Camel, still with seekrit *redacted* qualifications ever been awarded for any system-type award.

It is possible that an admin with power has taken it upon him or herself to dole out the Golden Meeple for reaching a thumb threshold, but I don't think it's a system-programmed badge.

I got mine on 12-29-2009 when I reached 10,000 thumbsup
it came overnight just like a Image Uploader MB

I know others have also received the Golden Meeple the same way
it's only in the past month that the automatic award seems to be broken
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
skelebone wrote:
vandemonium wrote:

It appears that I was 100% wrong on this. The programmers are looking into why the badge awards haven't been working.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
boltongeordie wrote:
JoshBot wrote:

Good thing for you they don't take away for thumbing yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
skelebone wrote:
skelebone wrote:
vandemonium wrote:

It appears that I was 100% wrong on this. The programmers are looking into why the badge awards haven't been working.

Unless you secretly got one before everyone else did... ninja

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:
skelebone wrote:
skelebone wrote:
vandemonium wrote:

-DK

skelebone is now the legal owner of his Golden Meeple ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshBot wrote:
boltongeordie wrote:
JoshBot wrote:
Yeah, and RSP thumbs probably count as negative.
GeekQuestions thumbs are the only ones that REALLY count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
boltongeordie wrote:
JoshBot wrote:

Good thing for you they don't take away for thumbing yourself.
Well, they really don't count so it is ultimately harmless, though I have heard it makes you go blind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
DKahnt wrote:
skelebone wrote:
skelebone wrote:
vandemonium wrote:

-DK

Oh, it wasn't a secret.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.