Subject: Long term multiplayer wargame rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Economist Computer

Madrid
Spain
msg tools
Hi everybody,

I'm in a university association and I have a problem with my mates. Everyone of us has different timetables and we can't meet more than 20 minuts with each other so to play wargames or tactic games like Mordheim or Warhammer as we did till now is kind of difficult.

I was thinking that a turn based board game or wargame could be a good replace. I can do as arbiter in my spare time if necesary...

I want to know if there is any game that we can think or prepare by ourselves during a week and put together in 20 minuts with no more than 3 players simultaneously (in a total of 10-12 player).

I care also about the space. We have an entire wall for papers, notes and everything necessary but we can't use a table permanently because our room is too small (so the gravity rule is a problem).

The rules should be easy to explain even if the maths are complex (I can create a program).

Someone told me about Diplomacy but I'm not sure if it's the kind of game I need. Some help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brown
United Kingdom
Stockport
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Diplomacy is a good choice as:

It's dead easy to learn
It relies on orders being submitted (so you don't have to be present)
The orders are all carried out at the same time (you only need a few present to ensure fairness)
The actual turn only take 5-10 minutes - the planning and diplomacy can be done over the week between turns.

We once played this at our club (we meet every two weeks), before we settled down to gaming we would do one turn of Diplomacy. All the negotiating was down over the previous two weeks, so we just would turn up with orders ready to submit and carry them out. I can't recall how long this went on for but it was several months

On the downside - it does have a reputation of ruining friendships, because to win you almost certainly have to stab someone in the back
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.