Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Logan Peabody
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Have almost painted the base set for Battlelore and as I start on the expansions I am looking for more options for a table top style game with miniatures to paint that will play well with 2 people, but can easily go up to 4 or more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a huge number of miniature games available. I'd probably start poking around at: http://www.freewargamesrules.co.uk/ and see which ones you find interesting.

If you can give us an idea of what period you like and what scale of figures you might be interested in, we can probably narrow the list down for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Peabody
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Looking for table top style games (meaning to free form worlds where the tape measure has to come out.) Open to Dungeon Crawlers, Historical War (Medieval, Civil War, Ancient Rome/Egypt/Greece (scenario based or random deployment similar to CtA for Battlelore, Space or SCIFI themed.

Games I am currently browsing and trying to decide include.

Descent.
Runewars.
Tide of Iron
Memoir '44 (though that I think will be too close to Battlelore)
Shadows over Camelot
Age of Empires III
War of the Ring

I want to make sure I review and look over many options. I am playing with my wife primarily, but she is a huge Battlelore fan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Giants

Lord of the Rings

Arkadia

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay I
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite miniatures game is Mordheim: City of the Damned. The rules are free online and if the modelling aspect of the miniatures interests you, these miniatures are perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mighty Armies

Flames of War: The World War II Miniatures Game

BattleTech

Ambush Alley

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hebert
Canada
Vercheres
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Claustrophobia. Minis are already painted but you could repaint them if you wish.

Last Night On Earth has plenty of minis to paint but the game is Out of Orders for the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Peabody
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the replies. Really looking for one that includes a board (either hex or geographically based aka War of the Ring or Battlelore). My gaming group most likely will not go for anything that requires tape measures etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Con
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
badge
Penny of king Sigtrygg II Silkbeard of Dublin
mbmbmbmbmb
Well 4th edition D&D can be played as a fantasy skirmish game, operating on a 1 inch square grid. Perhaps it could scratch your Dungeon Crawler itch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.