Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Reynolds
United Kingdom
Gosport
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been driving me crazy, each and every time I ask and then read the rules I think I've worked it out.

When you spend a clue token it says you roll an additional die, so do you roll one dice and add that pass (or fail) to the result of the previous rolls.

OR, when you spend a clue token do you reroll all the dice in the check plus 1?

I'm 90% confident it's option A, but I'm getting ready for a series of games and this is something that always bothers me.

I'll give 50 Geek cents to the first clarification to pay for my lousy readin skillz.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Play more Inis
mbmbmbmbmb
Its option A. Spending the clue doesn't let you reroll the previous dice. The wording on page 13 confirms this as it explains to ADD the die to the already rolled successes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Reynolds
United Kingdom
Gosport
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to scrawl the URL to this thread on the wall behind my computer lest I ever forget.

Cheers.

No wonder the GOO always wins...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hartman
United States
Fairbanks
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But do keep in mind that if you have the relevant skill card, each clue gets you *two* additional dice, instead of one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the relevent heading in the rules is something like Spending Clue Tokens.

In the index, it's under "Clues, spending".

To paraphrase: When ever an investigator fails a skill check, he may spend one clue token, one at a time, to reroll one die.

So if you roll six dice, needing two hits and get one, one clue will give you one opportunity to get the second hit. You can do that as many times as you like, until you run out of clues.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apatheticexecutioner wrote:

To paraphrase: When ever an investigator fails a skill check, he may spend one clue token, one at a time, to reroll one die.

It's still not a REROLL .

"Each spent Clue token allows the player
to roll one additional die."(p. 13)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Reynolds
United Kingdom
Gosport
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are all the answers I was expecting, but I had misread something in the past and it had embedded itself in my subconcious.

Pesky stray falsehoods...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.