Chris McDonald
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I'm a grad student from New York spending a month (through mid-March) doing research at the University of Minnesota. I'm staying in the Dinkytown area. I'm an avid boardgamer, and was wondering if anyone in the area would be interested in getting together for a game night in the coming weeks. Some of my favorite games are Steam, Cosmic Encounter, and Race for the Galaxy. My biggest limit is transportation, since I don't have a car here. And,of course, I don't have any games with me either!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep your eye open for the Board Game Marathons. They will be pretty easy for you to get to as they are usually held right off of the light rail line (you did just miss the Feb one though). They are held monthly and are your best best for weekend long gaming. Otherwise The Source is not horribly far from Campus and is one of the best game shops in the country from my experiences. I believe they meet every Friday for general gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Fulford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris - I see you joined the Eurogames Meetup group, which is a good source for public gaming events. There's one this weekend, and also the upcoming Marathon that Pete mentioned the second weekend in March.

I also live fairly close to you, and would be open to making plans for some gaming. I'll contact you with more details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cappello
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have interest, I have a Wednesday Night Game Night, 6:30p to 10:00p, that we may be able to facilitate transport for you to and from. If our group is not a match for you, well, you're only around for a month...

Let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.