Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Woods
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received the game today. I noticed the white houses components were printed over both boards (some on board 1, some on board 2). The issue is that on board one, the white part is the back matted (flat) part. On the other side, the 4 (or so) tokens were printed with the white side on the rounded more shiny side. The problem I can see this presenting (I have not read the rules yet) is that other players could know from which board I am choosing the token from (either one of several, or one of only 4).

Are these tokens supposed to be turned over to hide what is underneath? If so, why the inconsistent printing for one houses set of tokens?

Maybe I am missing something.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fulwiler
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you post a picture? I'm having a hard time visualizing what you're describing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Woods
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A token has two sides. Their textures, and consequently their looks, are not the same. One half of the white circular tokens are printed one way, the other, the reversed. I will post a picture shortly.

Sorry, I am having a hard time explaining. I know my friends would pick up on something this easy to notice. I am just thinking that if they are like StarCraft orders, it could be an issue (and disadvantage to the white house).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Woods
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, if it is common, I won't worry. I am just a nitpicker. Thanks for letting me know. I wonder why they decided to reverse printing. Makes the green rose tokens look so much nicer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Woods
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same issue with the artifact tokens for TI3. Some came worn on the corners. I ended up taking a black permanent marker and covering up every corner (worn or not) evenly. Probably no way to do that on these, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fulwiler
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aaxiom wrote:
baconcow wrote:
A token has two sides. Their textures, and consequently their looks, are not the same. One half of the white circular tokens are printed one way, the other, the reversed. I will post a picture shortly.

Sorry, I am having a hard time explaining. I know my friends would pick up on something this easy to notice. I am just thinking that if they are like StarCraft orders, it could be an issue (and disadvantage to the white house).

It's NOT you... it's ALL of us with the game. There is simply nothing that can be done, aside from making new tokens for House Stark.

It must be an issue with some of the newer prints than. I just looked at all of my Stark tokens and they are all exactly the same. I've had the game since 2004 though so that might make the difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Woods
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for explaining this with more clarity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.