3 Posts

Monkey Lab» Forums » Rules

Subject: a few questions regarding connected room/regions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitchell Spivak
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played the game for the 1st time with my daughter. We liked it and I expect to enjoy it more with multiple players.
Not make or break rule questions, but I would like to know the full intention of the designer:
1)When awarding points for player in rooms adjacent to an opened cage, do the points get awarded when the room is physically connected (to the opened cage room)or when there is a door between the 2 rooms?
2)When doing swaps (after playing the card) between 2 rooms in a region do the rooms themselves have to be connected by a door? Say for example you are swapping items in 2 room which are adjacent from the one you are in, they each share a door with your room but not with each other; can they swap?
3)Say you play a swap card to move items in an adjacent room. Does the swap have to be with another room which is considered to be in your region or does it just have to be with a room which is adjacent to it?
Thanks in advance for your response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Manfredini
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Check out Island Siege!
badge
Geekmail me for a Venture Forth promo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gonuts wrote:
Just played the game for the 1st time with my daughter. We liked it and I expect to enjoy it more with multiple players.

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the game! With more players, you'll have the opportunity to negotiate with other players into helping you out or hindering others. I like playing both with two and with more.

Gonuts wrote:
1)When awarding points for player in rooms adjacent to an opened cage, do the points get awarded when the room is physically connected (to the opened cage room)or when there is a door between the 2 rooms?

The points are awarding to other players in adjoining rooms. An adjoining room in this game means an adjacent room connected by a door. So, if you unlock a cage in a room with three doors, then there are three adjoining rooms.

Gonuts wrote:
2)When doing swaps (after playing the card) between 2 rooms in a region do the rooms themselves have to be connected by a door? Say for example you are swapping items in 2 room which are adjacent from the one you are in, they each share a door with your room but not with each other; can they swap?

Your region is composed of the following rooms:
- Your monkey's room.
- All of the rooms adjoining your monkey's room.

Yes, in your example, you can play a swap card to move items between any two rooms in your region even if those two rooms themselves aren't even adjacent. So, for example, you can swap the items in the adjoining room to your left with the items in the adjoining room to your right. Those two rooms aren't adjoining but they are both in your region.

Gonuts wrote:
3)Say you play a swap card to move items in an adjacent room. Does the swap have to be with another room which is considered to be in your region or does it just have to be with a room which is adjacent to it?

If you play the swap card (or move one item card), the two rooms that you choose must be in your region. This means that if you don't want anyone to mess with your cage, you can stay relatively safe on the other side of the lab.

Gonuts wrote:
Thanks in advance for your response.

Thanks for the questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Spivak
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response. Once I have played it a few more times I will post a review. I totally appreciate when designers take the time to respond to their audiences questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.