Chad Weaver
United States
Columbia
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Variant info here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/371525/solo-variant

Round 1: Uneventful. Solid ship. 14 in cargo plus 1 for 4th place finish.

Round 2. Tough tiles. Ended up with four shields in my ship just for the connectors. Squeezed in 6.5 cannons, which turned out to be the magic number.
1. Didn't have enough crew for the 8c abandoned station
2. Didn't want to spare 4 of my 6 guys for the 6c abandoned ship.
3. Planets, four green.
4. Planets again, two yellow.
5. Open space but only 4 engines so I was still pretty far behind start.
6. Planets, two red.
7. Meteors but I dodged them all.
8. Planets, one yellow, one green, one blue.
9. Planets. Passed.
10. Abandoned ship. Gave up 3 crew for 4c.
11. Slavers. 6.5>6. 5c.
12. Pirates. 6.5>6. 7c.

Scored 4c for the abandoned ship, 5c for slavers, 7c for pirates, 2c for last place, and 28c for cargo. 46c for the round. 61c for the game.

Round 3. Well short on cannons. Just two plus an alien. Plenty of engine power. 9 of those. 16 batteries, without much use for them. Room for 11 regular cargo and 3 red. 10 crew.

1. Planets. 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 blue.
2. Abandoned ship, 9 crew to get one red, one yellow, one green, and one blue. I'm quickly realizing that the obvious strategy with relation to the finishing position is just settle for 4th.
3. Smugglers. No change to win--4 cannons vs 9. Lose 2 red and 2 yellow.
4. Planets. Two red.
5. Open space. 2 batteries for 9 flight days gets me back in front of the starting space.
6. More open space. Now 11 days in front of start.
7. Open space. Again. +20 days.
8. Pirates with 10 cannon power own me. I can only shield back and my right side. Light cannon fire breaks off two battery pieces, which held 4 cells, but there were only 2 left in there. New battery count is 8. Light fire from the front takes out one of two cannons. Heavy cannon fire takes out an empty battery tile. Then light fire from the right misses.
9. Sabotage costs me an engine and now the right side of my ship (6 tiles) is held on by one connector.
10. Stardust. My ship was pretty good at launch, but now has 8 exposed connectors.
11. Planets. 3 yellow. Now +9 to starting space.
12. Weak smugglers with 4 cannon power, but I only have 3. Give up 2 red.
13. Abandoned ship. 3 crew for 4c. I have 8 and only 3 cards left so I give them up.
14. Combat zone. -3 flight days, -2 crew, and one light cannon fire from the back. I have a shield to block it.
15. Epidemic. No effect.
16. Open space fires me out to first place status.

12c for first, 4c for the abandoned ship, and 13c for cargo. -5c for lost ship tiles. 24c for the round. 85c for the game.

All in all, not that interesting. I've got to convince my wife to give it a try!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.