Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Richards
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The dragon sculps are offset on the bases. When they are placed on the game board, they are not facing forward. All the other monster sculpts are not offset. It is not game breaking or anything, but aesthetically unpleasant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm assuming that once the creature expansion comes out incorrectly the previous "correct" monster sculpts will be in the minority...

It's hard to control these unruly beasts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't follow what you're saying. I guess I'll have to see them myself to understand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Richards
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
I don't follow what you're saying. I guess I'll have to see them myself to understand.

The dragons are facing toward a corner of the base (hexagon). The other monsters are facing toward a straight edge of the base (hexagon). When the dragons are set up to face your opponent, the base of the figure is offset from the hexagon of the game board. The dragons still look superb and I will still get all my moneys worth out of them, hence only a very minor annoyance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AH! I was looking at the pics that have been uploaded and they looked fine. Guess they were just demo images. I wonder if the whole run was aligned as yours or if only some came out that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ormesher
United Kingdom
Dundee
Dundee (City of)
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have another annoyance - the summary cards are printed the same way up on both sides. This is different from all the DOW expansions.

Furelli
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
"Recetivism"
badge
RePEAT O-ffender!
mbmbmbmbmb
filovirus wrote:
Trump wrote:

The dragons are facing toward a corner of the base (hexagon). The other monsters are facing toward a straight edge of the base (hexagon). When the dragons are set up to face your opponent, the base of the figure is offset from the hexagon of the game board. The dragons still look superb and I will still get all my moneys worth out of them, hence only a very minor annoyance.

Odd. My dragons are facing toward a straight edge, not a corner...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Richards
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Harrelson wrote:
filovirus wrote:
Trump wrote:

Odd. My dragons are facing toward a straight edge, not a corner...

Sorry, I typed my original at work and so didn't have the game with me. You are right, the dragons face the straight edge, and the monsters face the corners. Just typed them backwards, but the problem is still the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Fortner
United States
Fuquay-Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading about this issue, my solution was to trim the hex corners off of the figures - I actually used a benchtop grinder which made short work of the plastic. Just have to watch your fingers as it gets pretty close. Now the dragons are on more of an oval type base like the Earth/Rock Elemental which I think looks a whole lot better and solves this problem.

Also while I was at it, I drilled a new hole for the banner behind the dragon - like all the other creatures. I simply didn't like it off to the side and in front - just looked odd to me. Take care to ensure the banner will fit without interferring with the wings. Then when I painted the bases, I just filled the original hole in with paint, looks great.

Here you can see my Wood Wyvern with the above modifications.

And my Ice Drake similarly modified.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.