Subject: Protective coating for cardboard counters? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff DeLeRee
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dullcote is generally used for finishing models. I use it for making a matte finish much like the one you'd get with GW's spray. Though I've never heard of using either for spraying chits. I can't imagine getting varied results.

Short answer: Dullcote = matte finish
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not try it out on something you don't need? Spray some extra counters or even something you cut out of a cereal box. Your own judgment on the results is going to be far better than what anyone tells you online. You've got the GW spray, so give it a go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Aleknevicus
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Dullcote is a specific product from Testors and you are more likely to find it at model shops (i.e. model airplanes) than craft stores. What you will find at craft stores such as Michaels is Krylon "Matte Finish". It will be sold in the spray paint department. It's similar to Dullcote or Games Workshops' Matte Finish but significantly less expensive. I use it all the time to add durability to printed paper products.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kSwingrÜber
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greg wrote:
... Krylon "Matte Finish". It will be sold in the spray paint department. It's similar to Dullcote or Games Workshops' Matte Finish but significantly less expensive. ...

And my purely uninformed, knee-jerk opinion is that anything by Krylon is probably better than some stuff (of unknown origin) sold by a hobby company...

Krylon and Rustoleum make pretty good stuff!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Another year, another support drive, another silly Over text
badge
Which way to the nearest cliff?
mbmbmbmbmb
For a better response I would ask this question in the wargame forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D L
Malaysia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These might help:

Should i spray cc counters? and how
Matte Sprays, resulting texture
Protecting the counters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.