Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
P K T
South Korea
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Highland Challenge Rule.

France rule. 5-5 Inverness – Aviemore

Your starting hand account and a card less than normal (1st, 2nd, 3rd = 3 cards, 4 cards = 4th, 5th = 5 cards)

German rule. 5-5 Inverness – Aviemore

everyone starts with one card fewer.

What is right?

And Who is No. 1??
The farthest or The fast??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Wynford-Jones
France
Prévessin-Möens
Just across the border from Geneva, Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The English rules agree with the German rules.

Quote:
Special Rules:
The journey is almost over and you feel the effort of the strenuous race. You need a few
minutes to wake up… everyone starts with one card fewer. At the end of the first round,
draw back up to the normal hand size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
taeyah11 wrote:

And Who is No. 1??
The farthest or The fast??

Should two players cross the line in the same turn the winner is the one furthest past the winning line regardless of finishing speed.

There has been a question recently where someone passed the line in a subsequent round (after the round where the first player had finished) but because they crossed and were more spaces past the line on the end of their turn, they thought they should be the winner ('according to the rules'!!).

This poster was then sedated and sectioned and is now under close surveillance. Finishing a marathon an hour after the front runners but deciding not to stop and to run for another 10 miles does not make you the winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend my translation of the Highland Challenge (here on BGG), since the translation thread has lots of translations in it - although for this question, the previous posters have already told you what is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is this "Highland Challenge Rule" of which you speak? I've scoured my rulebook and can't find this rule anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel van Peenen
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
Where is this "Highland Challenge Rule" of which you speak? I've scoured my rulebook and can't find this rule anywhere.

You will not find this in the rules because this is an extra provided on the webpage from Asmodee Germany.
Follow the link to the translation mentioned above by John 道 Dō, in the comment from this file you will also see the link to the original page from Asmodee Germany.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.