Subject: Macron + Virus Wild Flare rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Withem

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
Macron's ships are worth 4 each.

Virus wild flare: As a main player, you may multiply the number of ships you have in the encounter by the number of ships allied with you instead of adding them

In which order does the math work here? Consider this scenario.

Mutant sends 4 ships against Macron's 2 ships.
Clone allies with Macron
Macron plays 0
Mutant plays 13 (defense is lose 12 to 13)

Would macron lose the encounter by playing the virus wild flare or would he add the extra 4 from multiplying 4x2?

Originally in a default encounter, all ships are added together to their respective sides, then added to the attack card. Does Virus wild change this in that all ships are instead multiplied by your own ships in the encounter or what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toomai Glittershine
Canada
flag msg tools
Wild Virus does change the calculation so that you're instead doing (ships * allies) + card. In Macron's case, I'm pretty sure that his 4 per ships is taken into account, meaning ((4 * ships) * allies) + card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Withem

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
I would have assumed that virus flare is just increasing the "number" contributed from your allies. leaving my number the same. so i have 8 (with macron's ability) and my ally sends 4. i virus flare and multiply his ships by my ships so he would also send 8 (rather then 4 in the above scenario)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris O
msg tools
Pixeling ain't easy, but someone's gotta do it...
badge
LION OF JUDAH
mbmbmbmbmb
Your scenario makes no sense because only main players play cards, not Macron (main) and his ally (Clone).

The flare is clear, you multiply the NUMBER of ships in the encounter, not the value of them. Each Macron ship is ONE ship with FOUR VALUE as in attack power.

So if you have 2 Macron ships and then multiplies them by whatever Clone added in (you didn't specify). Let's use a hypothetical scenario:

(main player) Zombie has 4 ships on offense.
Bully allies with him with 4.
(main player) Macron has 3 ships on defense.
Clone allies him with 4.
Void stays out of the fight altogether.

Ok so normally you would have 8 ships and 8 power on the offensive side (zombie + bully), and normally on defense here you have 7 ships but 16 power because 3 of them are worth 4. (Macron's)

The Virus wild multiplies the NUMBER OF SHIPS (not power) on your side instead of adding them. It multiplies (total of your ships) times (total of allied ships) = total number of ship. So in this case the ship total would be 12 instead of 7. Now as for special characteristics, I am not sure how that works, but since nowhere is Macron ever credited with having his 1 ships counting as 4, it is safe to assume you do not multiply by 4.

So possibly either the flare cancels out your power OR it is 3*4(yours times allies)=12(Without powers being factored)-3(Macron ships)+3*4(the power of his ships)=21 total power.

Confusing with Macron, but otherwise very simple. (all allies ships) times (your ships) = total ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.