msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played as part of Berkeley Board Gamers' semi-regular Sunday Meetup

Garret -> Admiral Saul Tigh
Charles -> Apollo
Myself -> President Baltar
Jon -> Cally (home brew character)
Deniz -> Anders (home brew character)

First, kudos to Charles, our double Cylon for the game. He laid low in the first half of the game, but revealed as soon as he could after the sleeper agent phase and passed me his second Cylon card. His reveal power was to Brig someone, and he chose to Brig Deniz.

As a newly minted Cylon, but still hidden from humanity, I decided I should arrest someone else for being a Cylon. I had already seen 1/2 of both Garret's and Deniz's loyalty cards, so I decided to arrest Jon. My reasoning being that since I was human whistle and had seen 1/2 of everyone else's cards, Jon was more likely to be the Cylon. To my great surprise, Deniz was ok with this (although Garret was against it and very confused).

When Garret's turn came around, he was none too happy with my administration and used his Martial Law ability to strip me of my Presidential title in favor of himself. I was resigned to reveal on my next turn, no longer having the power of the presidency to sustain me. Low and behold, the Crisis Garret draws is Assassination Plot, which means as President, he gets to either take a bunch of bad treachery cards or kill the Admiral (also himself). Somehow, Deniz and I convince him to kill himself, since it will tell us if he's human or not. He returns as Admiral Adama, but the Presidency is returned to little old me.devil

On Charles' first Cylon turn, he plays his Super Crisis, Cylon Intruders. We decide we don't have enough cards to pass it, so it gives us two Centurions at the start of the boarding party track. Deniz soon after manages to escape from Brig and goes to the armory in hopes of shooting down a Centurion on a later turn. Garret also moves to the armory, missing the Centurion he shoots at.

This is key, because now both Garret and Deniz are in the armory for the next Crisis: Missing G4 Explosives. If the humans fail, ALL characters in the Armory are placed in the Brig. I dump my entire hand in, and it resolves as a negative 7. Boom. All three humans in the Brig.

Centurions take over the ship soon after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Beukema
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the narratives this game can create.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fbeukema wrote:
I love the narratives this game can create.

The heart, root, and foundation of what makes this game so popular: You get a good story!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
Wow, Assassination Plot and Missing G4 Explosives both came up at the perfect time for you, didn't they?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Von Penguin
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very lucky turn of events for the cylons. I'd be curseing like mad if I was human that game.

Also I'm curious as to what your Cally and Anders are like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonGetsGames
United States
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was Cally in this game (yes there was cursing! GAH our dials were almost all at max after traveling 5 distance GAHHH).

Her main ability was bieng able to play one skill check card face up each time. Her drawback was discarding hand with each cylon reveal (cylon lover), and her once per game was that she could execute any one player as they move to the Brig.

If i had been thinking straight and not realing from the bad luck I would have realized that I should have once-per-game executed one of the people who got C4ed into the Brig so that ALL of the humans weren't stuck in there.

It was fun despite the loss. The anders card lets him roll better against centurions (6-8) and his once per game is resurrecting a previously discarded crisis and redoing it. His drawback is being a bad pilot, so he gets hit easier then normal by raiders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
Cally's "positive" ability seems like it would be an absurdly huge hindrance as a hidden Cylon. Her other abilities seem fairly derivative; her OPG is similar to Cain's ongoing special, though being stronger and an OPG make it different enough, and her drawback is identical to Cavil's.

Anders seems fun. His OPG seems fairly obscene in the hands of a Cylon, since it can bring back a Cylon Attack, but it's definitely interesting. The ongoing special seems situational, but so are a lot of ongoing specials, like Tyrol's, and it to some extent makes up for his godly OPG. Being easier to hit seems like a major drag as a Pilot, though, since one of the Pilots' greatest strengths (especially compared to simply double-tapping Command or Main Batteries) is that they can tank really well with Evasive Maneuvers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.