Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A few questions about the Bloody Omaha Scenario:

1. Is the German III/352 artillery unit supposed to by a 105 mm artillery unit as stated on the chit or a 150 mm artillery unit as stated in the Playbook?

1a. If the German III/352 artillery unit is supposed to be a 150 mm artillery unit, then should the chit read [4]-6 similar to the IV/352 150 mm artillery unit (i.e., is the current chit a misprint)?

2. Is the 2nd Ranger battalion the only unit that lands at Point Du Hoc in the Bloody Omaha scenario?

3. Do all the V Corps units (other than the 2nd Ranger battalion) land on Omaha Beach?

4. Does the German 2/HKAA 1260 secondary fixed battery in B1406 get placed in accordance with the 20.6 Point du Hoc rules?

4a. Assuming fixed batteries always have an attack/defense strength equal to 1, what do the black banded numbers on the bottom of the fixed batteries represent?

5. Is the "81st Chem Mortar Battery" unit listed in the eratta the 81/V mortar unit with [6]-6 firepower and movement?

6. The Playbook lists a German strongpoint in B1907. The errata says the strongpoint listed in the Playbook as B1906 should be placed in 1907. Should this strongpoint be in B1907 or B1906?

Thanks for the help.
Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Alex, I'll take a stab at a few of these. (Unfortunately we skipped the shorter scenarios and plunged into the campaign game.) I'm sure that Dan will be around to correct me. If you use Vassal at all, the module is at the GMT web page and Dan has posted the starting positions for the campaign game at CSW. That might provide a visual image of where the units set up and clear up some of the questions. I think that both the latest playbook and the rulebook have some corrections in them. Unless specified in the errata, the playbook has the correct set-up info rather than the counters.

link to CSW page

ciscokidnj wrote:

2. Is the 2nd Ranger battalion the only unit that lands at Point Du Hoc in the Bloody Omaha scenario?

Yes

ciscokidnj wrote:

4. Does the German 2/HKAA 1260 secondary fixed battery in B1406 get placed in accordance with the 20.6 Point du Hoc rules?

Yes

ciscokidnj wrote:

4a. Assuming fixed batteries always have an attack/defense strength equal to 1, what do the black banded numbers on the bottom of the fixed batteries represent?

No, their defense strength is 1, their attack strength is the number in the black band. Note: They are allowed to attack a unit in an adjacent hex, but when they do that, it is their security detachment that is with them that is firing, and it attacks with a strength of one.

ciscokidnj wrote:
6. The Playbook lists a German strongpoint in B1907. The errata says the strongpoint listed in the Playbook as B1906 should be placed in 1907. Should this strongpoint be in B1907 or B1906?

Errata takes precedence over the playbook, so B1907.

Also over at CSW in the folder at post #3477 Dan has uploaded some PDFs which show the starting positions for the German forces. That should clear up a lot of the unit questions. I'm a novice at CSW, and would have never found my way around there without help from others at the start, so if you're having troubles just let me know and I can e-mail you the PDFs. Dan's still working on them, and I'm sure when they are finalized, he'll put them over here in the files section.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Is the German III/352 artillery unit supposed to by a 105 mm artillery unit as stated on the chit or a 150 mm artillery unit as stated in the Playbook?

The counter is correct.

1a. If the German III/352 artillery unit is supposed to be a 150 mm artillery unit, then should the chit read [4]-6 similar to the IV/352 150 mm artillery unit (i.e., is the current chit a misprint)?

Yes - But in the optional rules in the next issue of C3i, the US player has the option of holding the 5th ranger back from Omaha, and using it to back up the 2nd Rgr.

3. Do all the V Corps units (other than the 2nd Ranger battalion) land on Omaha Beach?

Yes.

Yes.

Their strength when used as artillery.

5. Is the "81st Chem Mortar Battery" unit listed in the eratta the 81/V mortar unit with [6]-6 firepower and movement?

Yes,

It should be in 1906.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Guys. It is truly an asset to have such great support for this game.

I will have to check CSW for the setup PDFs. That will be very helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.