Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Tanner
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

I am relatively new to gaming, and new to BBG. I was wondering if there were any board gaming groups here in Birmingham, AL. I am currently a student here at UAB.

I have a group of friends I play Settlers of Catan, Magic, Memoir '44, and Heroscape with, but I was looking for a different group where I could try new games out at (Currently I am the only one of my friends who has/buys games, and I am a poor college student =D, so I only get to try what I can afford to buy).

Anyways any information would be great =)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Comeaux
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
War Eagle!
badge
Image is from Turandot. It looks just like me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Brian,

You're in luck, as there are quite a few gaming groups in Birmingham. I'd recommend the public gaming that happens at Joe Muggs in the Summit on Monday nights at 6:00. There's usually close to a dozen people engaging in all sorts of Euros (among other things). There's also a meetup group (http://www.meetup.com/theBBG/) that has various gatherings. I haven't personally attended those, so I can't vouch for them.

Another place to look and post would be the Birmingham, AL, USA Guild. It's been pretty dead for a while, but I know that I at least keep tabs on it.

Good luck in your search!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Tanner
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A response!

Woooo thanks for the info. Hmmm getting down 280 during 5 o clock traffic seems impossible, but I'd definitely like to check out the Joe Muggs group sometime...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Comeaux
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
War Eagle!
badge
Image is from Turandot. It looks just like me.
mbmbmbmbmb
bktanner wrote:
Hmmm getting down 280 during 5 o clock traffic seems impossible, but I'd definitely like to check out the Joe Muggs group sometime...

So leave at four!

But you're right - 280 is a beast. There may be better ways of getting to the Summit - through Cahaba Heights, maybe. Dunno. We often plan for stragglers, and there are usually multiple tables, so you'd still get to play something even after arriving late.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.